Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55556 times)

Cmonster

• Private
Re: Some before and after pics
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2014, 07:56:22 PM »
I think your results look good thus far buddy, congrats!

Do you mind posting a picture so I can better see whats bothering you? Im trying to visualize what you are saying but struggling !
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »
I think your results look good thus far buddy, congrats!

Do you mind posting a picture so I can better see whats bothering you? Im trying to visualize what you are saying but struggling !

Ill post some tomorrow.  Its just that when I like pull the skin around my chin down and kinda tighten that area up, I really like the look of my face. I dont know if that area is still swollen.  Im three months post op, so I dont know how long the jaw line area stays swollen. It just makes my face look more narrow. Ive also lost 30 lbs this year and am hella skinny right now,  so that also be contributing to me looking so thin. Now im wondering if I should have evn had the upper jaw advancement.  I mean I love my side profile, but I my face looks narrower to me, but again, ive lost so much weight. Im actually under weight. I need to give it three more months and then hopefully get my weight back up and see how things are then. God, its like some days I feel good about my surgery and then others days I regret it. Such a f**kin roller coaster lol.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2014, 12:34:54 AM »
Phew, that was close.  For a moment I thought you were perfectly happy and I was contemplating of reporting you to GJ, so that he would ban you and redirect you to the jawsurgergyblog forum where all the happy campers reside (I bet most there don't even know the first thing about gonial angles, or what a philtrum is).   

I kid. 

I haven't even seen your frontal post-op pic yet, but if you got rid of that god-awful super-gummy smile, you're well well ahead.  They may look OK on women, but not men. 

But yeah, I get you about the face looking narrower.  I think I have the same effect happening.  My theory is that when the face is flatter, it looks wider than it is.  Perspective matters just as much as actual dimensions.  Another example... my upper lip looks longer that it was pre-op, but it's exactly the same length as pre-op, it's just closer to the observer now after advancement.  Close objects appear bigger, and can make the background object looks smaller.  So an advanced upper jaw may make the upper mid face look narrower.  It's all a compromise.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2014, 07:27:54 AM »
Hahah, that site sucks, noe one responds lol.

Exactly PloskoPlus!!! I look at pics of me before surgery, and my flat face appered a lot wider. I mean some days I like the upper jaw advanced because it gives more definition to me, but then again, I liked the wider appearance before. And the lip is the same as yours too. My co worker who hadnt seen my new face yet told me that my upper lip looks thinner but it looks the same to me, its just that it doesnt curve upward as much and appears a little flatter.  I need to give everything some more time and for surely put some weight on. The upper jaw advancement was all up to me, butmy surgeon and ortho thought it would be a good iidea, im wondering if just a smaller lower advancement and the impaction would have looked better, but then again, I like my side profile though. I like the front better than the side  lol.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:53:48 AM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »

This is not my photo to show you about my chin because mirror shots dont count lol..but I asked my mom, worst person to ask, if this is somewhat what I look to her and then took another photo with the picture taken from chest height and asked which one looks more how you see me. One face i look wider and the other narrow. She said I look like rhe picture where my face is wider. The lighting in that pic is amazing and makes me look better than I think I do, but maybe I just have image issues lol. Im trying to find my actual camera to take a picture for my chin area to show you what im talking about because the camera on my phone makes everything so narrow looking lol. And again this picture is not really a after photo, its just showing how I want to look and hopefully what I somewhat look like. I need to show my co-worker the photo because she'll give me an unbiased answer lol. Because according to her I look really skinny now, but yes, I am really skinny right now :p

PloskoPlus

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2014, 02:42:45 PM »
Don't forget the more forward slightly wider nose probably has that narrowing effect on the rest of the face as well.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2014, 02:58:19 PM »
Yea I took that in account and I hope in a few months or by one year itll have gone down a little. If not, thats one thing I might have fixed

babyface99

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
dude you definitely look alot older(in a good way) and if anything your nose seems less upturned. You look better than before you shouldnt sweat it anymore man.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2014, 11:45:10 PM »
dude you definitely look alot older(in a good way) and if anything your nose seems less upturned. You look better than before you shouldnt sweat it anymore man.

Thanks, I was actually hoping to age a little from the surgery because im 25 and always looked really young. Still dont think I look my age though lol. And your right, im being to hard on myself and I think everything went well with the surgery. It was smooth sailing luckily.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »
you look friggin great. do you have all the sensation and feeling everywhere, lower lip etc.?

do you feel like you have more tongue space post-op? I feel my arches are too narrow and wondering if advancement alone will solve that....

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2014, 03:53:21 AM »
You look bloody brilliant!

sean89

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2014, 08:28:15 AM »
You look good and were always gonna look better post-surgery as long as you got rid of your gummy smile. Undergoing surgery was a very good decision for your case.

I see what you are saying with the upturning of the nose and this is something that worries me too. I'm not sure they should have touched your lower jaw, meaning the upper jaw advancement would have been less and possibly less flaring, but there was always gonna be some degree of flaring due to the fact that upper jaw surgery was desirable and unavoidable. So the degree of difference is negligible and not something you should lose sleep over. You'll have even more support for your soft-tissue given the degree of advancement and I imagine your breathing is so much better and you'll age well and have great features so I think you should be happy with where you are now and try and move on with your life.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2014, 09:36:41 AM »
you look friggin great. do you have all the sensation and feeling everywhere, lower lip etc.?

do you feel like you have more tongue space? I feel my arches are too narrow and wondering if advancement alone will solve that....

My right side of my chin and bottom lip are still a little tingly to touch and The very far side of my bottom lip doesnt have a lot of feeling but im sure itll come back. If it doesnt it doesnt bother me. And defiantly, right after surgery it felt like there was a ton of space for my tongue. It was really strange feeling lol.

You look good and were always gonna look better post-surgery as long as you got rid of your gummy smile. Undergoing surgery was a very good decision for your case.

I see what you are saying with the upturning of the nose and this is something that worries me too. I'm not sure they should have touched your lower jaw, meaning the upper jaw advancement would have been less and possibly less flaring, but there was always gonna be some degree of flaring due to the fact that upper jaw surgery was desirable and unavoidable. So the degree of difference is negligible and not something you should lose sleep over. You'll have even more support for your soft-tissue given the degree of advancement and I imagine your breathing is so much better and you'll age well and have great features so I think you should be happy with where you are now and try and move on with your life.

My surgeon said no matter what, he had to do the lower jaw, even if I just had an impaction done. It just would have been less of an advancement.  Your totally right though, I just need to move on and get back on with life.

You look bloody brilliant!

Thank you! :)

I want to wait till the 6 month mark to post some good before and afters. Hopefully then I'll have put some weight on and maybe most of the swelling will be gone. I actually dont know which areas are still swollen besides my nose. I think maybe just my chin area and around my jawline

LoveofScotch

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »
You look great!

Can I ask if you're having any joint pain and/or clicking that you didn't have prior to surgery? Any new problems with anything else, so far?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »
You look great!

Can I ask if you're having any joint pain and/or clicking that you didn't have prior to surgery? Any new problems with anything else, so far?

Thanks LoveofScotch :) I'll sometimes get some cracking on my right side if im eating with my rubber bands in, but besides that no pains or anytthing. The cracking doesnt happen all that often either. Maybe like once a week.

I still dont know if my chin is swollen. I know the advancement moved soft tissue there, so it definitely feels more meaty. Im hoping that area will go down because its the one spot that kind of takes away the definition of my jaw