Author Topic: [video] fashion model gets jaw surgery  (Read 8578 times)

notrain

• Private
[video] fashion model gets jaw surgery
« on: May 10, 2014, 01:21:42 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsEax4GmfS0

skip to 1:45 minutes and start watching.

the guy isn't a professional model, but he looks like one. he got bimax jaw surgery with rotation and even had his extraction spaces from previous ortho work reopened (look at his upper arch when the surgeon examines him preop). to be honest, he didn't even look class 2 to me preop but i think his looks did improve postop.

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: [video] fashion model gets jaw surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 05:02:30 AM »
Honestly, something is off with his face. It looks like he has had cheek implants as they are very round, full, feminine, and not at all masculine. They dominate his entire midface.

I agree with him getting surgery though as indeed his smile  does look quite bad, and if he's willing to do it then why not.

I noticed also the extractions lol, I wonder what effect that'll have on his aesthetics long term.

All in all I think his biggest issue is cheekbones too feminine. Makes him look like a freak.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 05:57:39 AM »
he's good looking and top 20% and this is all that matters. rest is mental masturbation that rather belongs to PUAhate

Take a screenshot of his face, particularly post-op in part 8. Most women will find he looks odd. It isn't mental masturbation. He has that very 'plastic' 'fake' look people talk about when they think of plastic surgery.

He absolutely could not model, as much as he has great eyes. And I'm certain this is because of cheek implants.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 06:01:07 AM »
Yeah he definitely looked plastic in some of the footage. I'm not sure if that was before or after his surgery though since I didn't bother watching the rest of the clips.

MrFox

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 06:05:02 AM »
Was there a before and after profile comparison? Skimmed through the videos but couldn't find one.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 07:49:18 AM »
Was there a before and after profile comparison? Skimmed through the videos but couldn't find one.

the video is part of a series. watch the next part to see him post op.

MrFox

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
the video is part of a series. watch the next part to see him post op.
Yer I meant a spilt screen before and after, doesn't matter I looked at both videos in different windows.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »

Top left and two in the middle are afters.

Jaw surgery aside, I don't see why anyone would disagree when I say he looks fake. Truthfully I see good cheeks as the hardest thing to surgically recreate and have them look natural.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »
Its nice to see another guy with a narrow forehead like myself. I think its jus that my face is also narrow, so it makes my whole head look long. Surgery should change that. But yeah, I agree, he does like somewhat fake.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 06:51:35 PM »
Its nice to see another guy with a narrow forehead like myself. I think its jus that my face is also narrow, so it makes my whole head look long. Surgery should change that. But yeah, I agree, he does like somewhat fake.

I don't know if it's a narrow forehead so much as ridiculously sized cheek implants.

In any case widening the forehead can have a pretty dramatic effect on the overall result of jaw surgery. I've seen it in a lot of guys who get a BSSO plus some kind of jaw angle enhancement, and when the forehead remains narrow it creates an odd triangle-shape to the face. The most memorable was a guy who posted on MissJ about his ZSO with MM. His narrow forehead kill his looks and him him look rather odd. Photos have since been deleted.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 07:02:33 PM »
Yea his cheekbones are very wide lol. Maybe its just that his temple area is hallowish. I dont, he just has a similar forehead structure to me.

Hmm, hopefully my surgery will create any dramatic widening. I dont think it will though because my mandible already isnt wide or out of proportion with the rest of my face. Its just the auto-rotation from my impaction shouldnt make lower face look wider or little more compact.  Its definatly too long right now. My lower third just throws off my looks I guess. Im getting really antsy as to what im going to look like after. Not expecting anything huge, but I hope everything goes according to plan

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 09:57:04 PM »
Yea his cheekbones are very wide lol. Maybe its just that his temple area is hallowish. I dont, he just has a similar forehead structure to me.

Hmm, hopefully my surgery will create any dramatic widening. I dont think it will though because my mandible already isnt wide or out of proportion with the rest of my face. Its just the auto-rotation from my impaction shouldnt make lower face look wider or little more compact.  Its definatly too long right now. My lower third just throws off my looks I guess. Im getting really antsy as to what im going to look like after. Not expecting anything huge, but I hope everything goes according to plan

Have you discussed this with your surgeon? Perhaps he could address the forehead / temple issue at the same time... if it's only minor I believe HA paste is a good solution. Though I've heard of others using some kind of AMMA? MMAA? no idea, something like that.  Worst case is temple implants.

At least consider it  post-op if you feel it looks off.

What are you getting done btw? Just BSSO with ccw?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 11:33:44 PM »
Have you discussed this with your surgeon? Perhaps he could address the forehead / temple issue at the same time... if it's only minor I believe HA paste is a good solution. Though I've heard of others using some kind of AMMA? MMAA? no idea, something like that.  Worst case is temple implants.

At least consider it  post-op if you feel it looks off.

What are you getting done btw? Just BSSO with ccw?

Its not really a huge issue with me. I know people get sculptra injected in there temples, its only temporary, but last a few years.  Im perfectly content with everything from my nose up. Well except maybe my orbital rim area, but I use restylane for that lol.

Right now all I know is im having maxiallary impaction/advancement.  My appointment on the 20th will determine if my mandible needs advancement.  Im praying it doesnt because my overbite/overjet doesnt seem to be too big from what I can see. Im getting all my moldings and xrays taken on the 20th

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 02:13:23 AM »
Why does he have such huge black buccal corridors after surgery?

notrain

• Private
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 02:20:31 AM »
Why does he have such huge black buccal corridors after surgery?

he doesn't. the pic disillusioned used was actually a morph from the surgeon, not a real before and after. you can see him talking after surgery and his arch width is normal.