Author Topic: Does paranasal augmentation always look unnatural?  (Read 2011 times)

Gregor Samsa

Does paranasal augmentation always look unnatural?
« on: May 14, 2014, 12:20:16 PM »
Did I just get a bad result or does paranasal augmentation always cause the nose to look sunken in? I've read that it's used to get rid of nasolabial folds but in my case the augmentation actually created one.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:15:48 PM by Gregor Samsa »

Modigliani

• Private
Re: Does paranasal augmentation always look unnatural?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:36:08 PM »
I assumed they were used to pad out the area surrounding the nose to stop it looking sunken. Surely providing more support to the skin would diminish folds?

http://www.dryaremchuk.com/english/paranasal-implant-surgery.php

falcao

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 04:32:16 PM »
Reducing the nasolabial fold is what should happen and I've seen some very good results. But it depends on the surgeon and if he knows what he is doing. I told Mommaerts one of my aesthetic concerns was that area and I requested paranasal augmentation to address it. Although the final result does not look unnatural on my face, he didn't do what I told him and what he was supposed to do. Look at the picture below - this is the area and shape of augmentation I wanted. This small size, the triangle shape and this location of the implant look always natural and help a lot with nasolabial folds (if they are a result in part to lower bone support in the paranasal area). However, what he did and what my x-rays shows was COMPLETELY different to what we discussed. He shaped an elliptical type of implant and placed it in a much larger area covering all the way up lateral to the nose. I was taken aback when I saw the x-ray and couldn't believe my eyes.

What can I say. Apart from the BSSO failure, this is one more prove that he doesn't listen, doesn't understand, doesn't remember what was discussed, doesn't care, plans badly and executes even worse.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »
My augmentation was done higher up right around where the nose starts which is probably why it looks sunken in.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 01:31:13 AM »
Reducing the nasolabial fold is what should happen and I've seen some very good results. But it depends on the surgeon and if he knows what he is doing. I told Mommaerts one of my aesthetic concerns was that area and I requested paranasal augmentation to address it. Although the final result does not look unnatural on my face, he didn't do what I told him and what he was supposed to do. Look at the picture below - this is the area and shape of augmentation I wanted. This small size, the triangle shape and this location of the implant look always natural and help a lot with nasolabial folds (if they are a result in part to lower bone support in the paranasal area). However, what he did and what my x-rays shows was COMPLETELY different to what we discussed. He shaped an elliptical type of implant and placed it in a much larger area covering all the way up lateral to the nose. I was taken aback when I saw the x-ray and couldn't believe my eyes.

What can I say. Apart from the BSSO failure, this is one more prove that he doesn't listen, doesn't understand, doesn't remember what was discussed, doesn't care, plans badly and executes even worse.

That's shocking. I'm glad I found this forum so I know better than to go with him. Unfortunate someone, or some people, had to get screwed over like this for the rest of us to learn.

Let's hope Triaca is a bit better.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.