Author Topic: Re: venting  (Read 997 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: venting
« on: May 15, 2014, 01:32:06 AM »
God, im at end of my braces before my surgery and I look like s**t.  I never knew how crappy the decompression makes you look. My face looks so much more narrow and long, grrrr! Well hopefully, after my surgery is all over,  I'll be happy finally and put all this shiz behind me.

How exactly does the decompression do that?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 02:36:02 AM »
Its just that my teeth use to be flared forward and have me more lip support. Now my teeth are pulled back and straight, so I have no lip support. I can just really notice a difference in my face. My surgeon just wanted to open my overbite to see how big it is to determine if I need lower advancement. My last ortho couldnt close the remainder of my overbite (had herbts unit to move lower jaw) so he flared my teeth forward.

ticktickatick

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »
Its just that my teeth use to be flared forward and have me more lip support. Now my teeth are pulled back and straight, so I have no lip support. I can just really notice a difference in my face. My surgeon just wanted to open my overbite to see how big it is to determine if I need lower advancement. My last ortho couldnt close the remainder of my overbite (had herbts unit to move lower jaw) so he flared my teeth forward.

I hate how orthodontists do this constantly and don't tell you. I had braces as a teenager and no one EVER mentioned that they were flaring me into an overbite. If you can't get it right because of my jaw at least tell me you're going for "as good as I can get with braces."

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 09:00:13 AM »
Yeah, they pulled in my top teeth, and never mentioned that this would affect my lip support and make my upper lip smaller

When I'm decompensated I'm going to look like a duck

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:43:08 PM »
I hate how orthodontists do this constantly and don't tell you. I had braces as a teenager and no one EVER mentioned that they were flaring me into an overbite. If you can't get it right because of my jaw at least tell me you're going for "as good as I can get with braces."

Yea I had no clue they flared my teeth forward untill I first saw my surgeon and then explained how they masked my overbite. But my overjet isnt that big because I can still bite my nails lol. Horrible habit :p

Celticcavegirl, when are you having your surgery?

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 02:54:26 AM »

Celticcavegirl, when are you having your surgery?

Planning for June 2015, at the start of Ramadan.  This is the best time for me to take off work because it's a)hot and b)quiet