Author Topic: Removing HA grafts  (Read 3856 times)

Gregor Samsa

Removing HA grafts
« on: May 15, 2014, 01:27:00 AM »
Is it possible to remove HA grafts? I can't much information about this online.

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Removing HA grafts
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:28:39 AM »
Is it possible to remove HA grafts? I can't much information about this online.

Take this with a grain of salt, but according to Mommaerts it's quite easy to remove.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Anyone know what Arnett and Gunson have to say about it since they have a lot of experience with HA grafts?

earl25

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 12:20:34 PM »
its very hard to remove. the tissue integrates and the material is very brittle.theres a a girl on the old ytf forum .she had ha jaw augmentation. sh hated it. it lumped and gave her jowles. she went to 2 top doctors to remove it and pt n implants. the doctorz were unabl to remove all of it.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:34:30 PM »
its very hard to remove. the tissue integrates and the material is very brittle.theres a a girl on the old ytf forum .she had ha jaw augmentation. sh hated it. it lumped and gave her jowles. she went to 2 top doctors to remove it and pt n implants. the doctorz were unabl to remove all of it.

ytf forum?

Aaaannndddd yet again this forum manages to completely mess with my head. Better I found this out now than after I suppose. I was totally planning on seeing what HA paste could do for a whole range of things like infraorbital rims, malars etc.

I suppose I might need to risk it with a ZSO after all
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »
Even though it has produced some really good results, given the potential problems, is HA paste (grafts) even a good option?

Thanks for posting this question! I was going to ask the same thing.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 05:39:22 PM »
ytf forum?

Aaaannndddd yet again this forum manages to completely mess with my head. Better I found this out now than after I suppose. I was totally planning on seeing what HA paste could do for a whole range of things like infraorbital rims, malars etc.

I don't think Triaca does augmentation with HA anyway (assuming you're still planning on going with him). As far as I know there are only three maxfac surgeons that use HA for augmentation purposes: Arnett, Gunson and Mommaerts.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »
I should mention that Mommaerts uses a different approach with HA than Arnett and Gunson. I'm not sure what exactly Arnett and Gunson do differently but they can shape the HA for weeks after the surgery. I asked Mommaerts about this and he said that he does not do it that way.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
Quote from: Disillusioned link=topic=3800.msg24Intraorbita816#msg24816 date=1400196870
ytf forum?

ZSO will give you width, by what will it do for  infraorbital rims?

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 09:26:39 PM »
ZSO will give you width, by what will it do for  infraorbital rims?

I have zygomatic arch width, so that isn't the issue, I wanted a ZSO to create higher and slightly more forward projecting malars.

Infraorbital rims aren't really a concern, my eyes are vertically narrow and I don't have scleral show. I just thought it would be nice to add additional support there.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 09:45:21 PM »
I have zygomatic arch width, so that isn't the issue, I wanted a ZSO to create higher and slightly more forward projecting malars.

Infraorbital rims aren't really a concern, my eyes are vertically narrow and I don't have scleral show. I just thought it would be nice to add additional support there.

I doubt ZSO has that level of precision.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 08:54:46 AM »
I don't think Triaca does augmentation with HA anyway (assuming you're still planning on going with him). As far as I know there are only three maxfac surgeons that use HA for augmentation purposes: Arnett, Gunson and Mommaerts.

There are some cosmetic docs that do it, including a couple of the guys at the Singelberg clininc in Belgium.  Incidentally, they also do ZSO and impants (medpor  >:( and silicone) and a form of genioplasty that goes further back on the jaw than traditional

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 06:54:55 PM »
I doubt ZSO has that level of precision.

Any reason you think that? I'd have thought any max fac operation would have a high degree of precision. After all they're osteotomising the bone and moving it into position manually. How could they not do it precisely?