Author Topic: How bad is an "ante-face"?  (Read 53382 times)

pekay

Re: How bad is an "ante-face"?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:44 PM »
Ante-face: Middle and lower face that protrudes forward to a great extent (e. g. Angelina Jolie), corresponding to our ideal of absolute beauty.

Left picture = ante-face

Chopsticks > Spoons

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 09:55:52 PM »
IMO an attractive face must have strong cheekbones.  How would they pop on an ante face? OTOH, Sean Opry has anante face and his cheekbones pop.

tyler18

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »
Can someone please explain what an ante-face is and what qualifies one as having an ante-face?

Both jaws are prognathic in the "ante-face." It's basically the classic ape face.

I don't think any of this mental gymnastics changes my mind. An orthognathic profile is always better.

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 10:14:58 PM »
what the hell is with head position in all these pictures. Each post-op picture trying to portray a strong jaw depicts the person with their head tilted in an upward gaze. It's deceiving when trying to compare different results.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
That's exactly what I've been thinking! What's going on? I can't tell if that's their new normal, or if the person taking the photos had them posture that way, or if they're looking up, or even bringing their head forward. I think they all look fine post-op, I just can't figure out what's going on...something's weird.

I would love to see these patients in normal, everyday life. I think that would be the only way to tell.

MrFox

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 08:02:47 AM »
IMO an attractive face must have strong cheekbones.  How would they pop on an ante face? OTOH, Sean Opry has ananteface and his cheekbones pop.

I have a suspicion that in order to have defined cheekbones or even concave cheeks with an ante-face, then they have to be high set.
In an average profile high or low set could "pop" but like I say, I have a feeling that strong low set cheekbones may not be very visible with an ante-face.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 08:13:47 AM »
I think they have to have a certain amount of lateral projection too to stand out on an ante-face.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 04:56:06 AM »
Re: fassbender

Long vertical  ramus is important.  The cheekbones are more likely to pop.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 06:27:37 AM »
Fassbender gives me the creeps, with or without ante face.

*shudders*

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »
If you're white and don't have an ante face (per the description above) then you have midface hypoplasia or something. HOW can a white person have a flat face? I don't think this is possible without being syndromatic (?).

I believe ante-face was coined to describe the more pronounced protrusion of the maxilla and lower jaw. Just because they're in front of the radix doesn't mean it should be ante imo.

Finally, I feel it's overhyped. The Marquardt Mask isn't particularly ante, yet looks incredibly good regardless of whether you agree with all of its markers or not.

P.S Those morphs above were shocking lol. He looked like s**t when you tried liquifying a strong anteface onto him.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

ticktickatick

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 09:32:22 PM »
Well both girls look far better than they did before...

I think my female face preference would be somewhere in between the two.

Ginger

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
It sounds like folks are divided on those two surgery results. I like the second one better. She's very pretty in this angled after pic:

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrFox

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »
The first one is a Sailer result and it looks comically bad, she doesn't even look human in the after.

The Richard Joseph result (red-headed girl) is tastefully done IMO.

Comically bad really? I wonder what the responses would be if this was an unknown surgeon's work.
It's just hip to bash Sailer on here.

I agree with Modigliani that the Joseph girl looks bland and forgettable.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 01:13:46 AM »
Comically bad really? I wonder what the responses would be if this was an unknown surgeon's work.
It's just hip to bash Sailer on here.

I agree with Modigliani that the Joseph girl looks bland and forgettable.
Just lol @ your denial. If you even think this after is the real after I feel sorry for you because you're about to get seriously burnt by whichever surgeon you fall for.

Sailer is guilty of:
- Photoshopping after results on his website
- Using make-up on afters
- Creating intentionally bad befores with patients looking downwards
- Creating deceptive afters with patients looking upwards to accentuate results and ante-face
- Being deceitful about his "inventions"
- Performing botched rhinoplasties on males and females
- Having no understanding of true aesthetics and his own surgical ability to achieve that

And yes the other result isn't amazing, but she clearly didn't go to her surgeon for a cosmetic makeover. Plus her starting point was markedly different.

You can NOT surgically create a good looking face. You can NOT surgically create a natural looking ante face. Most of Sailer's (photoshopped) results have a very monkey-eqsue appearance to them.

------

brb I couldn't find a proper wall to have my before taken against. brb looking sad. brb oops I forgot make-up. brb oops I also didn't do my hair that day. brb brb.

brb in my after I had perfect make-up. brb my complexion was perfect that day. brb for no apparent reason my after has shadows despite surgical photography methods making this occurance at best extremely rare. brb I did my hair. brb jewellery. brb star gazing in my after

Sailer shill please.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:23:13 AM by Disillusioned »
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

MrFox

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 03:18:41 AM »
Disillusioned, I'm very aware of everything you say, yet clearly don't agree with your last bullet point.
Her head is also turned slightly more towards the camera as in more of a 3/4 angle in the after.
Still, from the photos that are provided, I believe that I really like her result.

Most of Sailer's (photoshopped) results have a very monkey-eqsue appearance to them
Yes I like that.

I appreciate you're nervous about your upcoming surgery but there's no need to throw your muck at me.