Author Topic: Purely cosmetic surgery  (Read 11526 times)

trigeminalneuralgia

Re: Purely cosmetic surgery
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 01:51:38 PM »
What about when you're like 70.

I've read awful things about cheek implants feeling like a foreign object in your body and people have to pay a lot of money to get them taken out.....the porex ones.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »
It seems like as your skin thins the implant would start to show,in a bad way

Eroica

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 02:03:26 PM »
What about when you're like 70.

I've read awful things about cheek implants feeling like a foreign object in your body and people have to pay a lot of money to get them taken out.....the porex ones.

There are potential complications with any facial surgery. Overall porex integrates with the bone very well and long-term complications are not particularly common.

Eroica

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »
It seems like as your skin thins the implant would start to show,in a bad way

Shouldn't if they've been placed correctly. I've seen excellent results from porex implants even in people with extremely thin soft-tissue coverage.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »
i think bone is going to be the new craze in ps, before it was fat.  and fat definitely has its faults

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »
 :D

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
You don't think this is a big improvement? Looks like he went from distinctly below average to very handsome to my eyes. The improvements in facial contour are huge.

The chin is the only thing surgery wise that makes him look more handsome to me. Hair and skin tone are the big difference makers in that change though imo. Then again I am not a female.

Eroica

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 06:37:14 PM »
I see huge improvements in the chin (more projected and wider), mandible (wider, more angular and more defined), nose (narrower and sharper) cheekbones (better width and projection) and orbital rims (more projection and soft-tissue support).

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »
I agree but I think only the chin, hair and skin make a big difference in his appearance to me. Also the little bit of facial hair. I find that cheek implants dont make people look that different(in photos at least). Just my opinion.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 08:46:57 PM »
Yeah if you can see the cheek implant that's bad news.  But the good ones are impossible to see.  Its lose lose.

I noticed that guys eyebrows the most.  And nose.  Chin not so much

JasonCali

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 01:30:26 AM »
Good plastic surgery can provide excellent improvements. The problem is that many people have plastic surgery in order to delay inevitable aging and/or to conceal a problem that would be better treated with orthognathic surgery.

For things such as jaw width/drop down enhancement, orbital rim augmentation, cheekbone augmentation, nasal issues and ptosis repair, plastic surgery can provide incredible results. Infact most people with maxillomandibular abnormalities would also benefit from certain PS procedures.

Midface augmented with implants

Chin implant with rhinoplasty

Jaw, chin and cheek implants + rhinoplasty

Multiple facial implants

do you have the name of the doctors that operated on these guys?  thanks
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:44:08 AM by JasonCali »

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »
You don't think this is a big improvement? Looks like he went from distinctly below average to very handsome to my eyes. The improvements in facial contour are huge.

He looks so much better since he stopped shaping his eyebrows; never understood why guys do that it looks terrible.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 10:58:02 AM »
He looks so much better since he stopped shaping his eyebrows; never understood why guys do that it looks terrible.

Wow....yeah that is crazy