Author Topic: Concerning news from Dr Triaca regarding HA paste  (Read 16735 times)

Gregor Samsa

Re: Concerning news from Dr Triaca regarding HA paste
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 05:21:13 PM »
CK wrote that you can opt to have something done to the eye area when you have surgery with Arnett and Gunson but it's unclear if he went for that himself. I've never seen any results from them where the eye area was addressed so I dunno what exactly they do to it. Fillers might work great for many people but they are temporary and they just mask the real problem. The paranasal HA augmentation I got does not smoothly transition to the rest of the face so I need to have that addressed either way. I really hope it can be removed so I can get something similar done to what the girl from the Obwegeser thread had done.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 04:28:04 AM »
Didn't someone here have orbital rim HA grafts? Or obsess about the orbital rim?

I got filler. 1.5ml total. Made a big difference, so consider it.  Go for a thicker filler and get it put in deep - non of this superficial bollocks (thats for individual lines)

Any idea who that was? I'm pretty interested in learning more about orbital rims myself.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 05:33:19 AM »
GS,

Will you let us know if it can be removed, whenever you find out?

Thanks in advance!

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 11:57:32 AM »
I'll write an update if I can manage to get a consultation. I got a reply this morning but they wanted me to call them to arrange a consultation in person. I haven't received a reply to my request for a Skype or e-mail consulation. I'll call them on Monday and see what happens.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2014, 05:21:49 AM »
Honestly, you look much better than what I do in that regard. I don't think its's a big deal in your case. I'll send you a PM with some images so you can see for yourself.

You look above average (and I judge harshly).  But I can see your frustration.  Q) What makes a handsome face? A) Robust bony framework + attractive features (lips,  eyes, nose).  You have a robust skull, nice features, but the midface is not projected forward enough from the eyeballs down.  Almost there.  (I used to think so of myself as well, "robust skull and all", but my bones are roundish, and my features are average at best (bad in the case of my nose)).

Regarding your LeFort 1, your maxilla looks like it should still be a bit further forward (but I'm no doctor).

Frankly, I don't know how the under-eye hollowness can be truly fixed, except with a Le Fort II or III.  Because all class IIIs that were weak under the eye before Le Fort I remain so after Le Fort I. Class IIIs can look mean, solemn, "absorbed in thought", "lifeless" (I've been told 3 of the 4 at least).  OTOH, this is a section from the maxillary orthognathic chapter in "Peterson's Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2nd ed 2004"

Modified Le Fort Osteotomies
Osteotomies that extend the traditional Le
Fort I have been called by many names
including modified Le Fort I, II, III; high Le
Fort I; and pyramidal, middle, intermediary,
quadrangular, and maxillary-malar-infraor-
bital osteotomies (Figure 57-45A?C). We
have used them all and have described them
previously. 105 This group osteotomies is
ofseverely limited regarding expansion, and
rotational and torquing movements. There-
fore, with the success of porous polyethyl-
ene implants to the malar, infraorbital, later-
al orbital, and paranasal regions, we rarely
see a need for these more invasive osteo-
tomies (Figure 57-46A?C).

That's it.  A 1500 page textbook.

BTW, I don't know what your BF % is.  But it might be worth trying to get down to 10-12%.  I dropped down to 11% and learnt a lot about my face.  I was like a potato before.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:47:08 AM by PloskoPlus »

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 04:01:20 PM »
Disillusioned did you ever ask Triaca or have him get back to you ??
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 12:34:29 AM »
Disillusioned did you ever ask Triaca or have him get back to you ??

Not yet, still need to get some scans done before we can talk again. I will bring these things up when I speak to him next.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 03:37:26 AM »
Make sure to ask him if HA can be removed and what he can do about midface and infraorbital deficiencies. They haven't responded to any e-mails since the first one where they wanted me to call them to arrange a consultation and I don't feel like doing that until I know more about what he can do.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 05:07:09 AM »
Make sure to ask him if HA can be removed and what he can do about midface and infraorbital deficiencies. They haven't responded to any e-mails since the first one where they wanted me to call them to arrange a consultation and I don't feel like doing that until I know more about what he can do.

The only infraorbital case I could find on the web.
http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/2013/05/04/case-study-correction-of-eyeorbital-asymmetry-with-hydroxyapatite-cement/

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 06:52:27 AM »
I'm not sure if infraorbital deficiency is what I have but that case doesn't look like my problem (he had eyes that were popping out).

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 04:57:23 AM »

That's weird. I got a totally different response. Perhaps it is a language thing?

Speaking their language goes a long way I think. Mommaerts was very friendly to me, which was in stark contrast to the experiences of other members. And now you mention this with Triaca.

I'll be asking these questions when I speak to him next, so if you wish to wait you can. Infraorbital augmentation is of interest to me.

Regarding midface what were your concerns specifically? Isn't that quite straightforward? A le fort is necessary?

pekay

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
Are you consulting with him face to face or via Skype?
Chopsticks > Spoons