Author Topic: Third world country where I can get a cheap Le Fort III?  (Read 2367 times)

MrRochester

Third world country where I can get a cheap Le Fort III?
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:01:09 AM »
I've tried to google third world countries where this might be available, but so far, I've only found dentists willing to perform it, and I'm not really confident in their ability to perform such a demanding operation without killing me or blinding me. Does anyone have any suggestions of cheap clinics that might offer a Le Fort III or a Quadrangular Le Fort I?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:15:24 AM by MrRochester »

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Third world country where I can get a cheap Le Fort III?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:45:22 AM »
I've tried to google third world countries where this might be available, but so far, I've only found dentists willing to perform it, and I'm not really confident in their ability to perform such a demanding operation without killing me or blinding me. Does anyone have any suggestions of cheap clinics that might offer a Le Fort III or a Quadrangular Le Fort I?

What happened to just being happy with a sliding genioplasty? Now you're wiling to risk blindness just to look better?

To address your question, I'd say Thailand is the place to go for this stuff. Thailand, maybe Korea or some other latin american country. That'd be your best chance of finding a surgeon who's cheap, lacking in ethics, and reasonably experienced due to high local demand.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »

Le Fort 3???  WTF?  Weren't you going with a chin wing?  I certainly do not recall you having significant midface recession, let alone the kind of that would require a Le Fort 3.  In fact aren't you pretty good looking?  Isn't le fort 3 done for congenital defects or extreme midface recession?

Even if you did, it's not the kind of surgery anyone sane would want to do on the cheap, in a 3rd world country?!?!

I can't believe I'm in suggesting it but I would look at Lebanon and Egypt.  Quite a lot of US-trained doctors.  However since Le Fort 3 is normally performed on kids, I'd look at places linked to childrens hospitals or hospitals connected to centers that deal with congential defects and/or severe maxillo facial abnormalities, or a lot of trauma cases

Lebanon -
http://www.maxillolb.com/contact-us/f-a-q-orthognathic/
http://www.drgeorgebardawil.com

Egypt -
http://www.samaclinic.com/index_files/Page1587.htm

Actually I'm going to Beirut soon, might consult with the first guy.  Never found him before.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 07:48:19 PM »
What happened to just being happy with a sliding genioplasty? Now you're wiling to risk blindness just to look better?

To address your question, I'd say Thailand is the place to go for this stuff. Thailand, maybe Korea or some other latin american country. That'd be your best chance of finding a surgeon who's cheap, lacking in ethics, and reasonably experienced due to high local demand.

I laughed when I read this. Wish lack of ethics was reserved for a certain part of the world :/
Maybe check Latin America Brazil ? Costa Rica? Idk good luck.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
Please be careful.

No longer a third world country, but I would consider Singapore. Some of their hospitals make our nicest U.S. facilities look dirty, outdated and crowded. I don't know if they have the services you need/want, though.

Be careful.
Be careful.

Got it?