Author Topic: The limits of surgery  (Read 23516 times)

Tiny

• Private
Re: The limits of surgery
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »
I agree, Tiny. On that side of the world he would be the first person I would see. I don't know his price point, though.

I guess I will have to ask them.  If it's within my range then I will definitely shell out for a skype consult - it's 250 aus$ for 30 mins.  It's a 12hr flight from the Middle East which is doable. At this stage I'm reluctant to pay for more consults because it's clear to me what needs doing with my jaws.  The only "game changer" would be a surgeon who can do a ramus BSSO and stabilise it with a bone graft.  If they can't then I'm just getting bimax with small custom jaw implants. 

PP, if you think your surgeon is really good do you mind PMing me who it is?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44:15 AM »
I guess I will have to ask them.  If it's within my range then I will definitely shell out for a skype consult - it's 250 aus$ for 30 mins.  It's a 12hr flight from the Middle East which is doable. At this stage I'm reluctant to pay for more consults because it's clear to me what needs doing with my jaws.  The only "game changer" would be a surgeon who can do a ramus BSSO and stabilise it with a bone graft.  If they can't then I'm just getting bimax with small custom jaw implants. 

For an osteogenesis pioneer, Coceancig has published very little.  Heck, I think my surgeon has published more on osteogenesis alone.  Btw, someone sent me this:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/This-is-OMFS-surgeon-I-4289021.S.102509397
(Scroll down to the bottom)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2014, 04:48:04 AM »

Judging by my PMs, he is about to get a horde of "difficult patients" his way. That'll learn him.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2014, 07:15:33 AM »
Judging by my PMs, he is about to get a horde of "difficult patients" his way. That'll learn him.

;D

Poor bugger! 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2014, 05:14:02 AM »
They're precisely the surgeons to avoid, IMO.

Believe it or not I once considered going to to MM.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2014, 06:40:44 AM »
Believe it or not I once considered going to to MM.

Thank goodness 'considered' is all you did  :)

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2014, 01:50:35 AM »
I agree, Tiny. On that side of the world he would be the first person I would see. I don't know his price point, though.

I think he is the Eppley of DO and Maxfac. Good on-line promotion but little innovation and actual results.

As mentioned above, he hasn't published much on the work he's supposedly pioneering.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.