Author Topic: Did I make a mistake extracting teeth?  (Read 2160 times)

Rainyboyy

Did I make a mistake extracting teeth?
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:48:54 PM »
Today I got 3 of my teeth extracted including a premolar. The other two were wisdom teeth i think. In 2 weeks im going to get another premolar removed on the other side of my face and the same other two teeth. They removed my teeth because i needed more space for my teeth. Once all of my teeth are straight and aligned with each other, I will be getting underbite surgery when i stop growing. Im a 15 year old male. I wonder if i made a mistake removing my teeth because i keep reading on the internet about all of its bad effects like sunken face, lips, etc. Will it affect me with and underbite surgery?

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Did I make a mistake extracting teeth?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:44:31 AM »
It's useless since in most cases distraction osteogenesis (aka 'SARPE' on the upper jaw, or DO on the lower) can yield better results, without missing healthy teeth and a broader palate in the end. In your age, not even SARPE is usually necessary - RPE with orthodontic devices is sufficient since the sutura maxillaris isn't ossified yet.

WHY THE f**k DO ORTHODONTISTS AND DENTISTS NOT MENTION THESE OPTIONS -BEFORE-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY RUIN SOMEONE'S LIFE!?????????

PSYCHOPATHS THE LOT OF THEM!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Rainyboyy

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
what are the negative effects of premolar extractions? Will it really affect me since im getting underbite surgery? And right now in the mean time they're just getting my teeth in place for the surgery

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »
what are the negative effects of premolar extractions? Will it really affect me since im getting underbite surgery? And right now in the mean time they're just getting my teeth in place for the surgery

Please seek 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions before you proceed further.  That's the only way you will know.  We're are not  doctors here.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 11:12:42 PM »
don't do it!!

Ben30

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
^^ x2,
I had it done certainly it has screwed me up and made the orthodontic side of my under bite surgery more complicated.
What your having done belongs in a horror story not real life.