Author Topic: best time to buy airline tickets?  (Read 7690 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: best time to buy airline tickets?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »
Yea I think its good to kind of prepare for the worse case scenario and then hopefully its easier.

I'll just ask him for a long acting benzo like you said for before and after surgery. Im pretty sure he'll prescribe it too me. My only real concern or fear is breathing post op. Ive read countless cases where people felt like they are suffocating at times and I just fear that because I'll be wired shut for a week. I think once im unwired things will get a little better.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
I don't get how you're supposed to breathe when you're wired shut. My nose was completely clogged for several weeks after the surgery so if I hadn't been able to breathe through my mouth then I dunno what would've happened.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 03:12:24 PM »
I don't get how you're supposed to breathe when you're wired shut. My nose was completely clogged for several weeks after the surgery so if I hadn't been able to breathe through my mouth then I dunno what would've happened.

Well I can still breath plugging my nose and clenching, but its a b*tch. Did you have any type of nasal spray given to you? Most people say the spray really helps keep the nose clear. I wish Could bring and oxygen tank home with me lol

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
Well I can still breath plugging my nose and clenching, but its a b*tch. Did you have any type of nasal spray given to you? Most people say the spray really helps keep the nose clear. I wish Could bring and oxygen tank home with me lol

I use Otrivin.  They tell you not to use it after nose surgery but I needed to sleep so badly that by day 3 I didn't care!!  If I can't breathe through my nose I literally cannot sleep at all.  The congestion with the original rhino was much worse than the revision, I think because the revision was just tip work.  The inside of my nose is super irritated right now though because I'm 8 days post op and still have a bunch of stitches that I'm convinced are preventing proper healing   :(

Saline sprays also work well, helps clean and clear the nose and dissolve dried gunk and yeuch.  I'm using one right now 3x a day.  You need to buy a few though because they don't last that long

Why are you getting wired? I thought most people got bands these days?

Also - if you have a sensitive skin, ask to clean your own face.  My last surgery they used this medical soap all over my face and I had a horribly allergic reaction to it that took a week to get better

Get a cooling gel pack if you haven't already.  Ice to hard and too wet and too cold and generally not practical at all

Don't look in the mirror for at least a week - seriously.  You're going to look like a domestic violence victim.  Just hermit yourself with books and DVDs and at home skincare s**t or whatever you want to do to keep yourself occupied.  As soon as you feel well enough, start talking walks (at night if you want to hide, speaking of which it's time for mine now that the temperature is below 35 degrees)

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »
He says he just likes the stability of wiring for a week and eventually hes just going to use bands. I wish he would just start using bands on me lol

Is that a prescription nasal spray?  Im pretty sure they usually give you some type of nasal spray after the surgery which Ill be counting on.

I'll try not to look in a mirror lol. I know its going to be horrible looking and probably just freak me out D: Thanks for all the tips Tiny :)

Im thinking of maybe renting an oxygen tank lol
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:18:30 PM by nrelax11 »

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
Is that a prescription nasal spray?  Im pretty sure they usually give you some type of nasal spray after the surgery which Ill be counting on.

No it's OTC.  Comes in 0.1% and 0.05%, spray or drops.  Get the spray, the drops suck.  Otrivine is a brand name but the chemical is also available as a generic

Saline spray of course is OTC!

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
kayak is good- but I have found some great round trip ticket prices through hotwire  - they often have a much lower priced ticket but you dont choose the time you depart or arrive- pop in your dates and hopefully something good comes up.... or try priceline name your price and see if it works.

Oh and the middle of the week tuesday/wednesday at night I find are best.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:39 PM »
No it's OTC.  Comes in 0.1% and 0.05%, spray or drops.  Get the spray, the drops suck.  Otrivine is a brand name but the chemical is also available as a generic

Saline spray of course is OTC!

Yea id imagine droplets being very annoying, defiantly going with spray

kayak is good- but I have found some great round trip ticket prices through hotwire  - they often have a much lower priced ticket but you dont choose the time you depart or arrive- pop in your dates and hopefully something good comes up.... or try priceline name your price and see if it works.

Oh and the middle of the week tuesday/wednesday at night I find are best.

Thanks Cmonster :) I was checking out priceline name your price, like that feature a lot.