Author Topic: How long is HA paste moldable?  (Read 10031 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: How long is HA paste moldable?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
you know that by mold is me. s literally just that. you are told to close your eyes while the surgeon presses his fingers/squeezes your face and attempts to shape the HA paste into an "attractive shape"

One non-syndrome lefort iii paper that I have says HA paste is imprecise for orbital applications.  Albeit the paper is 20 years old.  But how the hell does A&G manage orbital augmentation then?  They are the only ones to do so.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
One non-syndrome lefort iii paper that I have says HA paste is imprecise for orbital applications.  Albeit the paper is 20 years old.  But how the hell does A&G manage orbital augmentation then?  They are the only ones to do so.

I've never seen any before/after pictures from them where orbital augmentation was done. Who knows, they might not produce good results when it comes to that area. Overall I'm not seeing any good results at all, plastic surgery or not, when it comes to infraorbital augmentation. Even if I could get the HA out it seems that I'm screwed either way.

earl25

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 07:56:52 PM »
I've never seen any before/after pictures from them where orbital augmentation was done. Who knows, they might not produce good results when it comes to that area. Overall I'm not seeing any good results at all, plastic surgery or not, when it comes to infraorbital augmentation. Even if I could get the HA out it seems that I'm screwed either way.

I can tell you from years of experience. If you have an orbital rim deficiency you are cursed. its very very hard to fix and you have few overall options and very very few good options

PloskoPlus

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 08:17:53 PM »
I can tell you from years of experience. If you have an orbital rim deficiency you are cursed. its very very hard to fix and you have few overall options and very very few good options

Modified lefort iii?

earl25

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »
I was told 6 weeks- and it gets progressively harder to mold after week 4. Imagine that crackling noise of rice krispies, yes thats what it sounds like lol.  It also feels strange, it doesnt fully feel like its part of you yet it isnt too noticeable, its hard to explain. If I ever lay down on my cheeks you notice something is there.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 10:25:42 PM »
Hey Cmonster,

Can you still, currently feel it when laying on your cheeks, or was that just at the beginning? Is/was it bothersome, or just weird?

Thanks!

newchin

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 01:02:57 AM »
I don't want to get fillers to even it out as it's too big in general, and to add more to the lesser side would make me look worse lol oh man I could honestly cry. Could I possibly apply pressure myself to the area and see if it molds? Or could I cause some damage?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 01:42:34 AM »
I don't want to get fillers to even it out as it's too big in general, and to add more to the lesser side would make me look worse lol oh man I could honestly cry. Could I possibly apply pressure myself to the area and see if it molds? Or could I cause some damage?

Who's your surgeon?  (PM if you want).

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 03:53:25 AM »
You seem to know a lot about HA Tiny. I'm assuming I'm basically screwed if I want it removed then?

I got to study the crystal structure of bone at university as part of my macromolectular structures course....the prof was basically lecturing his own research.  Literally the easiest module I did that year  ;D

Anyway there's no reason they can't file it down but it's not easy because it's harder than bone.  And then the metal screws will get in the way and they probably can't turn the screws if they're embedded in the cement.   So I guess it can be filed down as far as the screws but no futher

IMO, HA paste just isn't accurate enough for gonial angles.  Cheekbones maybe

PloskoPlus

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 04:28:32 AM »
I got to study the crystal structure of bone at university as part of my macromolectular structures course....the prof was basically lecturing his own research.  Literally the easiest module I did that year  ;D

Anyway there's no reason they can't file it down but it's not easy because it's harder than bone.  And then the metal screws will get in the way and they probably can't turn the screws if they're embedded in the cement.   So I guess it can be filed down as far as the screws but no futher

I'm beginning to think that HA paste applications are very very limited.  Maybe filling gaps i.e. smoothing genioplasty and BSSO discontinuities, and that's about it.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 07:16:05 AM »

Is it harder than bone?

I read that HA paste breaks / shatters easier than bone, which causes problems for some depending on where it's placed. Is this untrue?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 08:50:12 AM »
Is it harder than bone?

I read that HA paste breaks / shatters easier than bone, which causes problems for some depending on where it's placed. Is this untrue?

Yes, it is harder than bone because it contains a lot less collagen, I would also surmise that the crystals are larger. That also makes it more brittle.  Bone is really made of mineralised collagen -

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »
Yes, it is harder than bone because it contains a lot less collagen, I would also surmise that the crystals are larger. That also makes it more brittle.  Bone is really made of mineralised collagen -

Could you elaborate a bit more on how that makes it more brittle? Just how much more brittle?  What kind of force would be required to shatter it?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 10:07:33 PM »
Have you had your second consultation with Triaca yet? I'd like to hear what he has to say about removing HA.