General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Is it normal for teeth and gums to still be numb 5 months after surgery?

(1/1)

backward lowerjaw:
It's now been 5 months since I had the lefort 1, I would of thought my nerves would have recovered by now. I have full feeling in my face however my gums and my teeth are numb and very sensitive. As many may be aware of my history the surgery was incorrectly done and I am still a class 3.  I am concerned how this will effect my teeth in the long term one worry is they will turn black and fall out! The other worry is if the surgeon I choose for the next surgery which will be in about 3-4 months may not operate due to not have any feeling.

Is this something to be concerned about?

sean89:
I still have a small amount of residual numbness 2 months after surgery (maybe 15%) and my lower teeth have stained but I think that's from the chlorohexidine mouthwash I was given and the fact that I couldn't properly brush my teeth due to the location of the cuts.

Gregor Samsa:
I still have very little feeling in my upper gum and it's been over six months since my surgery.

ticktickatick:
I am 4 months out. I feel like I have full feeling in most of my face and upper gums/teeth. My lower lip and most of my chin is pretty numb. I don't think it's 100% loss of sensation, but it's definitely significantly reduced. Kissing feels weird. Eating is still a bit sloppy. The lower gums in the front also don't quite feel the same...I can floss there and hardly even feel it.

I had a lot of tingling the first 2 months but not anymore.

I did have genio which I am told really makes the chin numbness last longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version