Author Topic: Nerve Regerneration after 13 years?  (Read 1355 times)

murgy

Nerve Regerneration after 13 years?
« on: July 12, 2014, 01:43:37 AM »
Hi,
This is my first post to the Forum. I had Jaw Surgery 13 years ago -  in October, 2001. I was 41 years of age at the time. Since the surgery, I have continued to have numbness and altered sensation of my chin and lower lip. It is still bothering me - and seemingly more so just lately. I was a smoker - and gave up 8 weeks ago. Is it at all possible that things seem weirder than usual because I have stopped smoking and nerves are possibly regenerating? Any thoughts, info. etc. gratefully appreciated.

Optimistic

• I am class I
Re: Nerve Regerneration after 13 years?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 03:35:45 AM »
Hi,
This is my first post to the Forum. I had Jaw Surgery 13 years ago -  in October, 2001. I was 41 years of age at the time. Since the surgery, I have continued to have numbness and altered sensation of my chin and lower lip. It is still bothering me - and seemingly more so just lately. I was a smoker - and gave up 8 weeks ago. Is it at all possible that things seem weirder than usual because I have stopped smoking and nerves are possibly regenerating? Any thoughts, info. etc. gratefully appreciated.

Maybe? I know when people start taking supplements like Lion's Mane which stimulate the production of NGF (Nerve Growth Factor) it's oft reported they feel increased itchiness and other sensations. Perhaps smoking has inhibited NGF production, and therefore as it comes back you feel this effect?

Just broscience, so I can't say for sure.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Tiny

• Private
Re: Nerve Regerneration after 13 years?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:15:10 AM »
Nerves are very unpredictable!