Author Topic: Is opposite of this surgery also possible?  (Read 3948 times)

Dontknowwhattodo

Is opposite of this surgery also possible?
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:50 AM »
They reduce the cheekbone and cheek fat, can they do the opposite? add cheekbone and cheek fat?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4025629/figure/fig2/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4025629/figure/fig3/

Tiny

• Private
Re: Is opposite of this surgery also possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »
This is a zygomatic osteotomy.  It can be used to reduce or augment the zygomatic arch

Reduction is relatively commonly done in South-East Asia

There are a few surgeons in Europe who do augmentation.  Zarrinbal, Triaca, and I think possibly Dr Noorman Van Der Dussel at Singelberg might do it - he's a plastic surgeon.  Mommaerts does it too...

There is an entire thread on the ZSO already

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »
yeah I know but what Im looking for is lateral projection and all the ZSO examples that people have posted on this forum is usually just the front part of the cheekbone.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:21:46 PM »
yeah I know but what Im looking for is lateral projection and all the ZSO examples that people have posted on this forum is usually just the front part of the cheekbone.

Zygomatic Arch Osteotomy is very rarely performed.

A ZSO can easily achieve increased facial width.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:17:35 AM »
Nice cheekbones those women had in the before.  :-[
I agree completely.  What a waste.

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 02:56:09 PM »
Nice cheekbones those women had in the before.  :-[

Well they probably believed that those cheekbones didn't look really good on them.

My main problem is that I have a good cheekbone on the left side of my face, but the right side is underdeveloped both in cheekbone and the jaws, its just too weird, I really like to know that if it would ever be possible to fix it? if the opposite of this zygomatic arch ostetotmy is possible then I think my case is fixable

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:30 PM »
I'm asymmetrical too, my right cheek is a bit more developed then my left but I'm choosing to live with it because i don't want anyone touching my cheeks, they just might be about the only thing on my face not been completely f**ked by orthdo damage.

I am really trying to find out if the cause for my asymetry is really orthodontics. Have you asked anyone or found any good proofs that show that it is caused by bad orthodontics?

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:25 PM »
I don't know what kind of asymmetry you have.  :-\ Could be related to ortho, could be not.
You should have several consultations and ask different doctors's opinions, see how each of them wanna approach it and whether u agree with them before even think about getting it fixed by one of them. Don't agree to any treatments until you feel confident about it and also do your own research. You may have one problem right now but getting the wrong type of treatment will make matters worse. Always remember that.

yes you are right, I know but I wanted to know that since you have a similar problem, what made you believe that it was caused by orthodontics?

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 11:26:48 AM »
I'm not sure if one cheek being a bit more prominent than the other is caused by extraction ortho. But what's caused by the extraction ortho is my maxillary arch being uneven, the left side is more dished in and the left incisors had grown down a bit more (maybe 1-2 mm) longer than the right incisors. With the central incisors, the left one is a little bit longer than the right as well. My left corner of the mouth and left nostril hangs a bit lower then the right ones. It makes me look particularly crooked in pictures, unless i'm smiling, then you cannot tell. In person you cannot tell that much and some orthos miss that detail or they don't want to acknowledge it. Catty b*tches tend to notice these things more, lol, I've had other women size me up and try to pick up a flaw about me and that's where their eyes would stop. I think rounding out the arch with braces and making the left and right sides even by aligning the teeth would do a lot by itself to make me more symmetrical. Also because I'm narrower on the left and due to my open bite, my tongue tend to slip out between the teeth on that side more(tongue thrust), making the left cheeks puffier and less sculpted looking than my right side. Maybe this is the reason my right cheekbones look more prominent, because my left side soft tissue has less definition and look puffier. I'm more mindful about tongue thrust nowadays and getting back into tongue training so it's being helped and looking more even, not as puffy.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. But then how do you know that the uneven maxillary arch was caused by extraction orthodontics? Did you have teeth crowding ? were you a mouth breather?

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 04:50:49 PM »
I had a bit of teeth overlap w two incisors on the left side before any ortho work and maybe my left had always been a little less developed than right? However, I did not look asymmetrical in real life or pictures before orthodontics.

Ortho work should have developed left side a little more but instead removed teeth and pulled them back and i think left side was pulled back more, that's why it ends up making the symmetry.

How old were you back then? And has any trusted professional told you that the orthodontics is the cause?

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »
I was 18 when he removed my bicuspids. Most of the orthos and denists i've had conults with or treated by say extractions was wrong to do in my case and the dished in appearance and facial asymmetry, jaw joint problems are all caused by it

So if it was done at the age of 18 it should be fixable right? I mean its not like my case where I had extractions and other works done at age of 12 right? because at age of 12 you would think it kind of altered something in my face development or something while at age of 18 your growth was completely over, so if it was caused by orthodontics at that age then it also should be reversible by orthodontics or something like that, right?

And also what was those doctors explanation on how the asymmetry was caused by orthodontics? I mean was it because of the forces that were put on your face? what was their scientific explanation?

Sorry if I'm asking so many questions. Its because I myself still haven't had a chance to discuss my problem comfortably with a dentist or orthodontist, the only one orthodontist  that I have talked to about this was an annoying guy who was in hurry because the consultation was free. And also my original orthodontist is long away from me on the other side of the world.