Author Topic: What does dished in profile mean?  (Read 4273 times)

Dontknowwhattodo

What does dished in profile mean?
« on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:31 PM »
I thought I knew but I'm not sure anymore, is it the same as having hollow cheeks? or is it something else?

Ben30

Re: What does dished in profile mean?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:04:51 AM »
I'll take a crack at this...Hollow cheeks is what the good looking people have. Dished in profile is bad, this means your upper jaw is set back.

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »
https://www.forceint.com/courses/sweeping-away-myths/factors-affecting-extractionnon-extraction-decision

This guy in this video says around 15 minutes into the video that Elizabeth Taylor, Robert Redford and Marilyn Monroe all count as flat faces, what the hell is he talking about? his videos were convincing me that extraction orthodontics are not as bad as people believe they are but after saying that those people have flat faces Im not sure that he knows what he is talking about anymore, or am I making a mistake about meaning of flat face? Do those actors have flat faces?!

Ben30

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »
I'd say he certainly knows what he is talking about, I don't agree with his views (if he himself even does) though because I feel there is more complex relationship between  facial appearance and health. Most of the pics of the people he treated look like they have lost horizontal dimension on there faces, in particular the indicator line (whatever it is called) which predicts sleep apnea risk appears to have shortened (a bad thing). It could just be the photos or more to do with the people still having growth remaining at time of treatment, if the later is the case then that growth should have been directed horizontally (if that is possible somehow). Seems he knows what he is doing isn't ideal, but it's the best he knows what to do. That is why he starts pointing movie stars with flat faces and asking the question well who says it is bad to have a flat face.
This is just my 2 cents I don't know jack and no doubt missed a boat load but just a got nothing else to do, mums basement is a boring place to be.

Ben30

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:34:54 PM »
Related to my above post. Please view..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOK_C5e-J9k