General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

should I trust my ortho and surgeon?

(1/4) > >>

sweptaway91:
hello. I'm scheduled for double jaw surgery in september. I have overbite. I've got braces 2 months ago and they corrected it, so much that my teeth in the back started to bend inside. Is it ok? shouldn't they make my overbite more visible instead of correcting it this much? o.O I've read some very bad opinions about my ortho and surgeon, and it really makes me worried. :(

Gregor Samsa:
This is not something you want to take lightly because you may suffer for years if they've made the wrong decisions. At least try to consult with another orthodontist and surgeon before you proceed.

sweptaway91:
I will. I feel like my ortho has no idea what she's doing :S she made my teeth almost perfect in the front. and what after surgery? to straighten my back teeth will them extract some of them? o.O or make me have overbite again? o.O

nrelax11:
They made my overbite worse before surgery.

Gregor Samsa:

--- Quote from: nrelax11 on August 03, 2014, 12:26:35 PM ---They made my overbite worse before surgery.

--- End quote ---

That's how it usually goes. It does sound strange that they would try to compensate the bite instead of going for decompensation so he could get more movement from the surgery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version