Author Topic: Post Surgery Acne  (Read 10847 times)

ticktickatick

Re: Post Surgery Acne
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 10:54:26 PM »
Getting sun exposure and adding in Vitamin A gel caps (acne responds better to higher doses like 10,000 IU a day) helps a lot, especially if you can't change your diet at this stage.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
I broke out terribly post op - my skin which has always been incredibly dry became VERY oily and had lots of clogged pores and whiteheads - nothing I used helped , salicylic acid / cleansing oils nothing - at the three month post op mark I started getting cystic acne even though I cut out most sugar and dairy - this was very difficult and went on for many many months . Also your hair might start shedding heavily. It seems the ladies are the ones to go through more post op trauma.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 09:33:56 PM »
Cmonster,

Did your skin finally start to return to your previous normal? Assuming that was the case, how long did it take?

Thanks!

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »
Cmonster,

Did your skin finally start to return to your previous normal? Assuming that was the case, how long did it take?

Thanks!

LoveofScotch- My skin just started going back to the way it was almost 13ish months post op. Most women get mild acne/clogging of pores and some hair loss for a few months post op, but mine was more extreme. I still dont know what exacerbated it- but it was like some hormonal switch went off- I have never been one to really eat processed foods/fast foods etc etc- but I've cut out dairy, soy, most refined sugars (I will eat fruit)! Now my hair is growing with a vengeance lol and skin is better. Besides diet I've been using a vitamin c serum to fade scars, differin, and a 2% BP gel very thinly on any areas that might breakout. If you have any other specific questions plmk :)
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.