Author Topic: Question about Arnett and Gunson surgeons  (Read 1578 times)

molestrip

• Private
Question about Arnett and Gunson surgeons
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »
People here talk a lot about using a top 10% surgeon and Arnett and Gunson come up a lot. I notice that Gunson has less experience, only about 10 years. Is your impression that he's still a top 10% surgeon nonetheless?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Question about Arnett and Gunson surgeons
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »
yeah i think he's probably top 10 percent for sure.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »
They often consult each other when they're planning surgeries so I would expect that you'd get the same surgery plan regardless of which one of them you go with.

ticktickatick

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:10:57 PM »
People here talk a lot about using a top 10% surgeon and Arnett and Gunson come up a lot. I notice that Gunson has less experience, only about 10 years. Is your impression that he's still a top 10% surgeon nonetheless?

I had the same concern looking at him.

It seems A&G do a lot of self-promotion. They spend a lot of time flying around, going to conferences, promoting their research...and maybe less time doing surgery than some other less well-known surgeons.

They may be great surgeons, but I think their brand-name is a bit hyped up.

ForeverDet

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
I had the same concern looking at him.

It seems A&G do a lot of self-promotion. They spend a lot of time flying around, going to conferences, promoting their research...and maybe less time doing surgery than some other less well-known surgeons.

They may be great surgeons, but I think their brand-name is a bit hyped up.

I agree they do a lot of traveling but it's impressive the amount of surgeries they do considering how often they're at conferences. I am bit biased since I had surgery with Dr. G but I also agree they can be hyped up too much sometimes even tho it's justified mostly. Still what they charge is egregious! To the OP's question, yes he's one of the best but A/g aren't the only talented surgeons.