Author Topic: Nostrils!  (Read 1899 times)

mkmoritz7

Nostrils!
« on: October 29, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »
I'm now 15 days post op, and swelling is still noticeable, obviously... just wondering if anyone had different size nostrils afterwards (as I do currently).  If so, how long did it take for them to go back to their symmetrical selves.

(attached picture)

[attachment deleted by admin]

mkmoritz7

Re: Nostrils!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »
Sorry -- should have mentioned that above.

I had underbite/crossbite combo.  Doc re-positioned my bottom jaw and moved my upper jaw forward a couple millimeters and also moved my upper jaw down by 1/2 millimeter

sean89

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:14:51 AM »
what did your nostrils look like before?

mkmoritz

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:56:44 AM »
what did your nostrils look like before?

I don't think I have a picture on me from before (not smiling)... they were a little asymmetrical, but it was probably something that only I could notice. 

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 05:14:33 AM »
I don't think I have a picture on me from before (not smiling)... they were a little asymmetrical, but it was probably something that only I could notice.

Advancement tends to magnify any pre-existing asymmetry but in your case it sounds like it was minimal so might not be much of a concern.

A few weeks is waaay to early to assess nose swelling, I found it the last place to begin to look normal, a good 4-6 months.

Alue

• Private
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 07:19:02 PM »
Advancement tends to magnify any pre-existing asymmetry

Is there any way to avoid this? 

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 06:38:55 AM »
Is there any way to avoid this?

Don't advance?  ;D

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »
Im three months out and my nostrils still flare in the morning but by night they go down a lot. Most people say it takes like 6 months for the nose to settle and is the last bit of swelling to diminish.  I also had an alar stitch and my anterior nasal spine shaved down a little and it still tipped up a little and my nostrils flared a little too.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:20:35 AM »
Im three months out and my nostrils still flare in the morning but by night they go down a lot. Most people say it takes like 6 months for the nose to settle and is the last bit of swelling to diminish.  I also had an alar stitch and my anterior nasal spine shaved down a little and it still tipped up a little and my nostrils flared a little too.

I think it's the "morning face" effect.  I only understood the meaning of it when my face got a lot thinner (before the operation).  When I was fatter I never  noticed that the face is always puffier in the morning.  So now, post-op this effect is simply magnified.  I have the same thing - nose is just bigger all around in the morning. So I dunno, maybe I should try sleeping standing up.