Author Topic: Please help me decide ( pics )  (Read 2070 times)

Napolitano

Please help me decide ( pics )
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »
Hello everyone! I badly need opinions about this matter. Do you think, in aesthetics terms, that a sliding genioplasty will have a great effect on my appearance? Or do you think a double jaw surgery is needed.( sorry about the ridiculous blurring ).

Also , I suffer from moderate/bad  face tension/TMJ. And I feel that the genioplasty will relieve alot since it will allow me to have my mouth closed  whitout so much effort or strain, wich I feel now.

I appreciate your comments.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:48:02 AM by Napolitano »

PloskoPlus

Re: Please help me decide ( pics )
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »
How is your bite?
Your gonial angles are pretty poor.  A ching wing osteotomy would strengthen both your chin and mandible.

Napolitano

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 09:01:45 PM »
How is your bite?
Your gonial angles are pretty poor.  A ching wing osteotomy would strengthen both your chin and mandible.

When I was younger, I had braces, and a way to compensate the maloclusion was to bend my upper teeth a little forward, so that they wouldnt clash, wich I feel like it is causing some strain aswell.
Here are some pics.

By the way, thanks alot for helping, the proceedure you mentioned looks quite innovative.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:48:24 AM by Napolitano »

Rico

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:04 AM »
Are You Italian ?

Napolitano

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 11:52:33 PM »
Are You Italian ?

No i'm not.
Please help me  :'(

Rico

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 04:27:07 AM »
I asked because probably (for 60%) I will have surgery in Italy within one month and You have very italian nickname :P

I'm not good in this area. I have problem with malar bone. Others will be more helpful. But I think noone will decide anything for You. They can only give you some advices, no more. However IMO your face looks good. You do not need surgery. Do not know about functional issues
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:08:57 PM by Rico :) »

Vic

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
Hello everyone! I badly need opinions about this matter. Do you think, in aesthetics terms, that a sliding genioplasty will have a great effect on my appearance? Or do you think a double jaw surgery is needed.( sorry about the ridiculous blurring ).

Also , I suffer from moderate/bad  face tension/TMJ. And I feel that the genioplasty will relieve alot since it will allow me to have my mouth closed  whitout so much effort or strain, wich I feel now.

I appreciate your comments.

From looking at your pics, your bite looks good, so you would't need upper or lower jaw surgery. Also the projection of your chin looks good, so I don't see the need for you to have a sliding genioplasty. I think this issue with your profile is because you have a steep mandibular plane because of a short Ramus. The only way to resolve will be either Jaw implants or chin wing surgery

needadvancement

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 09:06:27 AM »
In my opinion a sole chin advancement would not improve you that much, atleast not enough to warrant an evasive sugery like SG. If you are willing to go through that I'd go for something bigger that will also target the rest of your jaw. I just think that the best genioplasty candidates are people with a decent ramus but weak or recessed chin. Just my 2 cents.