Author Topic: LeFort 2 / 3 -> Malar osteotomy  (Read 38868 times)

Rico

Re: LeFort 2 / 3 -> Malar osteotomy
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »
no before / after photos. Only info what's going on in this new technique. To be honest I wasted 40E :) Before I bought, I asked Prof Goudot if he can show me full artice. He told me he doesn't have :P  yes ..of course....he invented, wrote about this and lost

BTW I started to ask surgeons if they are able to show me some before / after photos during consultation face to face. I ask about this before I book a consultation. And you know what. Every second surgeon answers me that he can't

Should I rule out such surgeon automatically ? (I'm NOT talking about Prof. Goudot here, I have not got answer about this yet, but generally)

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 04:33:43 PM »
no before / after photos. Only info what's going on in this new technique. To be honest I wasted 40E :) Before I bought, I asked Prof Goudot if he can show me full artice. He told me he doesn't have :P  yes ..of course....he invented, wrote about this and lost

BTW I started to ask surgeons if they are able to show me some before / after photos during consultation face to face. I ask about this before I book a consultation. And you know what. Every second surgeon answers me that he can't

Should I rule out such surgeon automatically ? (I'm NOT talking about Prof. Goudot here, I have not got answer about this yet, but generally)

Yeah that sounds like bulls**t. What a bunch of assholes. I mean if they've never done the surgery before then fine, but give me a break, he doesn't have a copy of the f**king article he wrote!!?? I would have told me to go f**k himself right there.

Don't go to that asshole.

Rico

« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2015, 05:00:22 AM »
They have done it before.

mynameis

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »
Ok so these malar osteotomies, whats the deal? The left side of my face is narrower, and appears slightly more recessed at the undereye area than the right.

I think if the left side was made like the right then that would be enough for me, i think i would be good looking then and would leave it at that.... though I may always be prone to bouts of madness where I dream of lefort 3's and absolute perfection like all them holywood movie stars.

Can you guys help me get some new contacts? I have emailed Zarrinbal, I was hoping to go to him because he does the malar osteotomy and also the mandibular wing for the jaw angle of the left side also and I want both to make the left look like the right does.

Triaca's email always seems to be broken, though its possible his prices are too much.

Anybody else in europe who does both of these or are Triaca and Zarrinbal the only options?

Would going to Mommaerts be a mistake?

Could someone pm me a contact for Obswegger? I couldn't find a website for him.

Rico

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
Zarrinbal does NOT perform malar osteotomy in full of its meaning - if I'm writing this in english properly
To move the whole malar bone (whole zygomatic) you have to cut orbital rim and zygomatic arch.  That may change orbital volume or leave too much gap in the orbital floor (but augumentation orbital-floor possible - so look it's complicated) which leads to the complications with the eye - enophthalmos, diploplia. This is why most maxfac surgeons won't do that on you

Triaca also does not do this - at least in my case. Keep in mind , in my case (overlooked fracture with mild displacement) the surgeons are more prone to do that.
Yes Triaca email...... They have problem with mail server. I sent them fax, rang them, gave them instruction how to remove thier domain from bann list and nothing. Typical problem in Switzerland. Don't send also anything zipped. They can't extract them :) seriously
WRITE FROM THE WEBSITE - http://www.pyramide.ch/en/Contact

Zarrinbal does  sandwich osteotomy, like Mommaerts -just minor procedures to give your cheek a bit of more prominence
About this ask also Prof Nadjmi from Belgium

Abut Mommaerts hard question. Keep in mind he has a lot of patients, probably more than anyone else. So the rate of unsuccesful surgeries might be greater. On the other hand some users here say, they have seriously botched surgery with him. However only they know about this enough much .Noone has seen here patient of MM - before / after photos
Make your own research and be careful. THERE IS NO SURGEON WITHOUT FAILURES. ONLY NUMBER OF UNSUCCSEFUL OPERATIONS MATTERS

You can find help for sure in some Swiss clinic. Check Prof Hammer (also Prof. Schramm from Germany), Joachim Obwegeser - but they are  very expensive
Also I know that Prof. Giorgio Iannetti (he has documented such procedures at least) and Prof Sandro Pelo from Italy can do that (cheaper).
But I do not know about this enough much. I'm in progress

Read about Prof. Goudot from France
and Dr. M. Koudstaal from Netherland
Consider interesting very good well known hospital in Dresden (Germany), concretely, Prof Lauer
http://www.uniklinikum-dresden.de/international

Those from Switzerland, Germany, France and Netherland do computer assisted malar osteotomy - kinda new helpful technique, It is worth to talk more about with them
The Italian ones may have something in their hands what may have not got others... ..You know Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc ;)

Generally such procedure is rare. And should not be performed untill you really need it.

This is how you check e-mails:  Google ->  type Obwegesser maxillo e-mail
Sandro Pelo maxillo e-mail
Iannnetti Giorgio maxillo e-mail
Hammer maxillo e-mail

you can put also 'facial'  - 'maxillo facial'

Most of them have got at least 2 mails. Just find, write and keep in mind, that sometimes mail message may go into Spam folder. Hence it may be overlooked

example:
https://books.google.pl/books?id=nl58_hwIrY0C&pg=PP15&dq=obwegeser+joachim+maxillo+e-mail&hl=pl&sa=X&ei=ryTVVNb8NMv9UueChJAK&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=obwegeser%20joachim%20maxillo%20e-mail&f=false

PS check this: (buy article) sounds interesting. http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1097%2FSCS.0b013e3181f4ab9f
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:29:31 PM by Rico :) »

mynameis

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
That article is very interesting to me. Pelo is one of the surgeons on it - Gasparini G1, Saponaro G, Moro A, Boniello R, Cervelli D, Pelo S.

I'd be very interested to talk to some of these guys, if any of them can also perform mandibular wing osteotomy it would even more interest me.

Rico

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »
Just ask Prof. Pelo. (main surgeon in  the team you mentioned) Easy to find his mail. and let me know in PM about that article :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:59:43 PM by Rico :) »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »
Ok so these malar osteotomies, whats the deal? The left side of my face is narrower, and appears slightly more recessed at the undereye area than the right.

I think if the left side was made like the right then that would be enough for me, i think i would be good looking then and would leave it at that.... though I may always be prone to bouts of madness where I dream of lefort 3's and absolute perfection like all them holywood movie stars.

Can you guys help me get some new contacts? I have emailed Zarrinbal, I was hoping to go to him because he does the malar osteotomy and also the mandibular wing for the jaw angle of the left side also and I want both to make the left look like the right does.

Triaca's email always seems to be broken, though its possible his prices are too much.

Anybody else in europe who does both of these or are Triaca and Zarrinbal the only options?

Would going to Mommaerts be a mistake?

Could someone pm me a contact for Obswegger? I couldn't find a website for him.

MM is cheap, but people on this board spent 10 times the money undoing the damage he did. 

FWIW, I do have asymmetry at the zygomatic level as well.  A max fac surgeon ruled out an LFIII for me because advancement at that level would only increase the asymmetry.  He suggested custom implants once I fixed my bite with an LF1.

I did have such asymmetry at the maxilla level as well, and it was fixed with an LFI.  I think LFIII is simply limited in the kinds of movements possible.

mynameis

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2015, 06:51:51 AM »
Would the technique demonstrated here not give the same midface effect as a lefort 3?

-http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1097%2FSCS.0b013e3181f4ab9f

(Thanks to Rico for the link.)

Rico

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2015, 07:05:38 AM »
there is no full text, so no comparisson. Do you study somewhere?  check if you have access to full text of medical aticles.

geijutsu

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2015, 07:45:05 AM »
New techniques in midface osteotomy. I bought the article, but do not know If I can share

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcms.2014.12.014
or
http://www.jcmfs.com/article/S1010-5182%2814%2900370-9/abstract

Professeur Patrick GOUDOT
Service de Stomatologie et Chirurgie maxillo-faciale

He is probably well known, but not mentioned on the forum before...

PS Here, more info about sandwich osteotomy: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,3933.msg31978.html#new

Go to http://libgen.org/scimag/ and paste the articles DOI code and the search to download it for free.

geijutsu

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2015, 07:55:45 AM »
The technique used in the article rico posted is the same as one of the pictures that were posted on this thread earlier (could be in another thread).  Seems like it could increase the size of the orbital globe from the inside, so it probably could work as a reliever for small orbits.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:01:59 AM by geijutsu »

Rico

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:35 AM »
http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1097%2FSCS.0b013e3181f4ab9f

recenlty one user find out , that the photos on that link to publication about ZSSO are available on the left panel - there is one option. Check this out

Who understand by watching all the pictures, what is going there ?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:59:33 PM by Rico :) »

Rico

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2016, 04:06:55 PM »
so much researching to find good surgeon

and I chose wrong - partially due to lack of enough money, and due to my stupi error

I overlooked error in my surgeon's plan. but the error was so stupid that I think he did the surgery first time :/
i mean zygomatic bone reposition (osteotomy)