Author Topic: New to this  (Read 965 times)

Amandasharee

New to this
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:15:15 AM »
Hello its so nice to see a community like this.. I have a few questions.. I have needed the surgery since birth due to developmental problems.. I'm 21 now. have a class 2 over bite with sever over jet. I am going to do the initial consult with Dr terry taylor in Houston this month.. I am just wanting to know.. Does anyone have Aetna insurance? If so did it pay a good chunk of the surgery? Also.. How soon after having braces can they do the surgery? And when can I go back to school after having surgery? Thanks so much in advance. Hope to hear some great responses :)

molestrip

• Private
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:20:37 AM »
Varies by case. Anywhere from no braces to years. I'd say 6mo before is typical for minor cases. Facebook group would be better to ask about insurance. You won't be eating normally for 3-4mo afterwards but you can do work 2-3 weeks afterwards. I don't know that Dr Taylor has much of a publication record but he sure does a lot of surgeries in Houston. I don't live there but my orthodontist has done a few cases with him and seems to like him.

Amandasharee

Re: New to this
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:21:32 AM »
Thank you very much for your feedback :)