Author Topic: Jaw angles / Genioplasty gone wrong...  (Read 9886 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Jaw angles / Genioplasty gone wrong...
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »
I'm sorry but that is incorrect, and your X-Ray clearly shows otherwise. Yes, there is obviously more HA at the left side. However, you can easily distinguish the HA from your own mandible in the X-Ray and (draw a horizontal line through your chin, and it is apparent:) you already had quite a bit of asymmetry prior to the surgery in your jawline. As Lazlo mentioned (and he is certainly correct): if you have a recessed jawline it is likely you didn't notice the asymmetry prior to surgery, but it was clearly there. Your X-Ray does not lie.

That aside. You look (very) good imho. I would not worry too much. Yes there is some asymmetry: everyone has some asymmetry. As mentioned, it is not looking exceptionally asymmetric. Just search for a surgeon that you trust to add some extra HA to the right side and you should be fine and have great features/bone structure.

Frankly I'd just go back to Mommaerts and have the asymmetry corrected. I can tell right now even from photograph, not the x-ray that the jawline is asymmetrical and more developed on the right side (of the photo, I suppose that's your left mandible). Idiot Mommaerts didn't take this into account. This is why more and more I'm realizing for any procedure a practice skull in 3-D should be made (pretty expensive about 5 grand) but it's a good way for the surgeon to practice the cuts or whatever they're doing. I would build up the lesser side than the right. Honestly I have no idea why you had surgery in the first place, your jaw was fine, why the f**k did you want these stupid angles pointing out? And your chin looked fine too, not recessed at all. It is interesting though that M. was able to augment the angles to the degree he did with HA paste, I've frankly never seen that done before so dramatically. Regardless, you look fine now too and most people would not notice. Now that some of us on this board are so hyper aware we notice the minutest details. It's funny, I look at people's jaws all the time, and I'll tell you, from a clinical point of view, most people are f**king deformed! lol

Rico

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 05:32:51 AM »
If really MM f... up his surgery, then how he became so famous... Am I really lucky I got strange feeling just before surgery with him and came here...

newchin

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:58:24 AM »
Frankly I'd just go back to Mommaerts and have the asymmetry corrected.

I did, had my revision beginning of this month and iv came out looking exactly the same :(

Honestly I have no idea why you had surgery in the first place, your jaw was fine, why the f**k did you want these stupid angles pointing out?

Didnt want anything drastic just some definition, i didnt even know it was possible till he proposed it. In contrast to my upper face i had a really small looking lower face.

And your chin looked fine too, not recessed at all.

It was definitely recessed, so much so that 2 other surgeons i consulted with told me a chin implant wouldnt give me enough projection and that id need to have a genioplasty. The genioplasty came out mostly ok tbh but it does veer to one side slightly when im smiling etc
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:07:50 AM by newchin »

newchin

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 06:08:57 AM »
If really MM f... up his surgery, then how he became so famous... Am I really lucky I got strange feeling just before surgery with him and came here...

I would have freaked and backed out if i had found this board before i had my surgery.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 06:44:29 AM »
I would have freaked and backed out if i had found this board before i had my surgery.

It's a shame that this forum doesn't appear higher up in the search results on Google. I wish someone would link to this forum on lookyourbestuk.com because that place still promotes Mommaerts like none of this ever happened.

newchin

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 06:50:42 AM »
lookyourbest is actually what led me to go with MM. I just wish Id never done it at all i have such bad anxiety over it now

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 06:53:35 AM »
You should warn other people then if you have an account there. You are not the first to have had a failed surgery with Mommaerts and you're not going to be the last one either if people keep silent about their bad experiences with him.

girl

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
It's a shame that this forum doesn't appear higher up in the search results on Google. I wish someone would link to this forum on lookyourbestuk.com because that place still promotes Mommaerts like none of this ever happened.

To get those threads on page 1 of Google, you'll need to post links on a variety of sites (e.g. 'comments' sections on blog posts + other PS/Jaw forums). Perhaps try one of the subforums on LYB - just getting the link in there will improve page rankings. Anyway, LYB is full of comment spam - I doubt any links will be noticed for a good while.

One day, when I come to write my review, I'll be sure to target my doc's top Google search terms. 8)

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »
You can certainly remove HA paste, just as you can remove bone. You just shave it down. It's just more surgery and every time soft tissue is cut, it gets a little more f**ked up when it doesn't heal like new. There's a study on pubmed claiming the resorption was the biggest problem with HA paste, up to 20-25% of cases in the short term. Long term resorption rates remain to be seen but there will likely be some. It's bone like but it's not bone so probably won't change at the same rate as bone underneath. The product is too new and sample size too small to know what 20-40 years will do to it. Natural bone resorbs too so it's not a relative disadvantage, just that what looks good at 20 may not look good enough anymore at 40 or 60. Aesthetics has a shelf life. The only real permanent solution is to not have had problems to begin with. You can thank your parents for that.