Author Topic: Questions about mid-face hypoplasia and fixing it. (Overall profile improvemen )  (Read 5879 times)

Keoro

Update:

Emailed Dr sinn about a modified Lefort iii and what was the issue with my profile.

He said that he performed the Modified LeFort iii numerous times but in my case it would advance my nose forwards which ruled it out. He confirmed my orbital rim deficiency and suggested a orbital rim advancement/malar and asked that i come in for a consult.

terry947

Keoro, good for you for taking action!

Are you gunna go ahead with the consult?

Keep us posted!

PloskoPlus

Update:

Emailed Dr sinn about a modified Lefort iii and what was the issue with my profile.

He said that he performed the Modified LeFort iii numerous times but in my case it would advance my nose forwards which ruled it out. He confirmed my orbital rim deficiency and suggested a orbital rim advancement/malar and asked that i come in for a consult.

Hmm, I thought a modified Le Fort III left the nose unaltered...  Anyway, I'm glad you're making headway, because your issue is not a run of the mill jaw surgery.  BTW, what did Sinn say about your bite?

terry947

also did you rule out hypothyroid or graves disease?

Keoro

Never tested for Hyperthyroidism but i'm sure it's inherent exorbitism over exophthalmos caused by thyroid issues due to most of my dad's side of the family having semi/bulgy eyes and deficient cheeks. My case seems to be the worst as far as cheek/orbit deficiency goes i can literally pinch off 1.5 inches off my cheekbones.