Author Topic: What Happens in Jaw Surgery/What Can I Expect?  (Read 959 times)

soccerboy9

What Happens in Jaw Surgery/What Can I Expect?
« on: January 10, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

As you probably already know from my other post, I am having jaw surgery soon, and was wondering if someone could give me a description of what happens/what I can expect?

• Will it be performed in a hospital setting?
  • Will I be asleep for the procedure?
  • What should I bring to the hospital?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-soccerboy9

Gregor Samsa

Re: What Happens in Jaw Surgery/What Can I Expect?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »
Well what kind of jaw surgery are you having? If it involves moving the jaws then you will almost certainly have it done in a hospital under general anesthesia. Expect to stay one night at the hospital at minimum.

You don't really need to bring anything special but if you have a family member that can be there for you then that would help. Make sure you have a good blender for when you return from the hospital so you can make yourself some nutritious soups.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 07:26:55 PM »
Your surgeon should have given you a brochure.

soccerboy9

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:46:05 PM »
Well what kind of jaw surgery are you having? If it involves moving the jaws then you will almost certainly have it done in a hospital under general anesthesia. Expect to stay one night at the hospital at minimum.

You don't really need to bring anything special but if you have a family member that can be there for you then that would help. Make sure you have a good blender for when you return from the hospital so you can make yourself some nutritious soups.

I am having double jaw (LeFort 1) jaw surgery. Are there any videos or blogs that show the "journey" of jaw surgery, from surgery day to recovery? I've seen videos of the actual procedure, but not anything that show what the day of surgery will be like.

Let me know.

-soccerboy9
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:11:12 PM by soccerboy9 »