Author Topic: Fix for flat cheekbones?  (Read 3183 times)

Keoro

Fix for flat cheekbones?
« on: January 11, 2015, 04:44:03 PM »
What are the best alternate treatment options to consider besides a cheek implant/filler. And if the former is better which US doctor would you highly recommend ( East Coast )

Rico

Re: Fix for flat cheekbones?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 12:44:07 AM »
... zygomatic / malar osteotomy, the most professional procedures and more complicated than using fillers and implants

you can use also your own fat ... but for me such procedures (using fat, filler)  stretch the skin (not sure??)...and what happens when you get old ?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:15:46 AM by Rico :) »

terry947

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
There's also the lefort III. If you have flat cheekbones you have a recessed upper maxilla. I'm pretty sure.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:20:09 PM by terry947 »

Rico

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »
check this: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/49646858_Zygomatic_sagittal_split_osteotomy_a_novel_and_simple_surgical_technique_for_use_in_midface_corrections

you can buy :) i do not know completely what it is.  MM described this technique in his Facial Makover Book

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 03:12:14 AM »
... zygomatic / malar osteotomy, the most professional procedures and more complicated than using fillers and implants

you can use also your own fat ... but for me such procedures (using fat, filler)  stretch the skin (not sure??)...and what happens when you get old ?

Fat cells have a tendency to grow bigger  as you get older.  So if the donor site is your belly... You get the picture.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »
Zygomatic osteotomy would be my preference but few surgeons do it. Invasive surgery is risky business and most don't feel it's worth it unless there's a functional problem. In this case, it'd had to be deformity, not deficiency, to qualify as functional. That or most patients feel this way and there isn't enough of a business for it.

Rico

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 11:41:50 AM »
I have mild deformity after overlooked fracture + functional problem, but not big - mild constant pain due to nerve compression. Chances are low now that decompression will help, but since it is very annoying for me I would like to try. The problem is 50% surgeons tell me , that my deformation is to small for osteotomy, on the other side 50% tell me that it is the best soultion for me. At the same time they are unable to show at least one patient with mild deformation who underwent such surgery ...only when they had major functional problem like problem with the eye.... diploplia and / or enopthalmos

and what to do :/ 
I know that fillers and big implants are not so good solution. They are safer option but not professional. Hence I prefer osteotomy, but I'm afraid - too much not clear opinions. I CAN'T FIND ANYONE ON THE NET WHO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LIKE MINE.

I'm frustrated. One more month without decision and I'm gonna flip the coin

This is exactly my case (example). Typically flattened cheek (minimal displacement) after overlooked fracture.
http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Zygomatic-Osteotomy-Reconstruction-postop-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis.jpg

Here you have my malar bone from the bottom (problem with the right zygoma, on the picture is on the left): http://i.imgur.com/m1pKUbz.jpg

There is good site, when one of the doctor from the USA answers the questions of the patients like me. And I'm little scared. Most surgeons has got approach like him. However he is mostly a plastic surgeon.

http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/blog/tag/cheekbone-fracture-repair/

WHAT YOU THINK WHEN YOU LOOK A THE EXAMPLE OF MY CASE ? (first link)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:01:12 PM by Rico :) »