General Category > Emotional Support

Gummy smile, Numbness, PARALYSIS of Chin/Lip muscles after IVRO & Lefort I

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rico:
Oops I did not notice your previous post. You already do some of the things. That's good, but laser might be even better than acupuncture. Just make a consultation about this and eventually add to your list

Good to know if a nerve can be swollen due to stretching. Perhaps it is good to get some long acting cortisteroid injection post operative  if it's safe and if there is completely lack of nerve function. It's information just in case for others to consider. I hope it won't be necessary
I think if someone wake up with paralised face  and does not notice any minor changes after swollen is gone, then just should take consultation with neurosurgeons. neurology, etc as fast as possible and be in touch with them.  Do not trust maxfac surgeons too much about the nerves issues.

terry947:

--- Quote ---That is why I am shocked my facial nerve has become damaged and I am paralyzed in my lip, chin, and neck muscles.
--- End quote ---

Do you also have any issues with swallowing, or using your tongue?

I wish you the best of luck man!!!  :)

PloskoPlus:

--- Quote from: ragirl on January 20, 2015, 06:35:40 AM ---I know of someone who's had 9 rhinoplasties and severe nasal damage - they are going to Italy (Dr. Raffaini's PS partner) to have these injections. 

--- End quote ---
Now how the hell did that happen?  And why did the surgeons keep taking their money?

LoveofScotch:
So sorry, ajordan23.

This advice is equivalent to suggesting you put a band-aid on a hemorrhaging limb, but I would try high doses of Vitamin C for a few months. It can't hurt. That suggestion isn't totally random; Vitamin C can be helpful for nerve problems post-surgery (or post-injury), but all the studies I can think of are for RSD/CRPS. Obviously, not the same, but I would still try it.

I hope you eventually feel better :)

terry947:
hey ajordan, the nerve that causes lip paralysis, where exactly is it located? behind the ramus? Also has it gotten better for you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version