Author Topic: Fat shaming and shallowness  (Read 1279 times)

molestrip

• Private
Fat shaming and shallowness
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:10:36 AM »
People generally regard beauty as shallowness and three's an increasing tendency in this country to encourage people to date based on other factors. Those on this board are probably more accutely aware of the implications of poor health. At this point my opinion of shallowness has changed to the point that I think people should be as shallow as possible. That doesn't mean that personality doesn't matter and shouldn't also be a large factor in mate selection, just that beauty is important and we should stop encouraging our kids to ignore it based on principal alone. What do you think?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Fat shaming and shallowness
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
This discussion is fairly pointless my friend. Who the hell rejects beauty on principle alone. But I think people are inherently quite different in terms of how much they prioritize beauty in mate selection. A lot of people are fairly ecumenical when it comes to beauty. Fat people on the other hand really are disgusting. I realize it's not their fault and that they're probably trying to become slim, but come on, get on with it. I have some excess weight and I'm gonna do something about it. That said, I've found chicks don't really care in my case. My personality is such I don't have a problem just getting laid etc.. but I actually find beauty to be incredibly alluring --but if you've dated a fair number of beautiful girls let me tell you google the hot/crazy matrix and you'll find it's very true. Really hot chicks are often 10's on the crazy spectrum as well, and honestly I can tolerate that for maybe a new york minute. Dude, personality is huge. So I mean this is all common sense. Also there are SO many other aspects to attraction: the way someone smiles, their voice, the colour of their hair --there's a wide degree of criteria So that's my two cents. Just do what you want.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:45:51 PM »
In normal people, yes I'd agree. But people who tend to anxiety, especially socially anxious people, view the world very differently. I don't think anyone should be shamed for being ugly, just that there doesn't seem to be that balancing voice of "it's ok to value aesthetics". I always aimed for 7-8/10, mostly because girls prettier than that made me nervous. It doesn't matter much now to me since I'm married but fat shaming has been a hot topic on the internet the past week so it made me think to post about it here.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »
I don't fat people should be shamed. But they should be encouraged and supported to become slim. As a society it is terrible. Raises costs on medical care incredibly and we have to pay for that as a society. Reduces the quality of life. i mean really why is this a discussion. Everyone can agree being fat is bad and there should be constant info and solutions available to fat people. I just don't understand when super obese, usually women, claim to love their body and that fat is beautiful. To me that is f**king twisted and disgusting. But you know if you wanna f**k your life over go ahead.