Author Topic: Recovery Time.  (Read 1054 times)

sjf585

Recovery Time.
« on: January 22, 2015, 05:17:52 AM »
Hey guys, just stumbled upon this forum while looking around the internet trying to find info on jaw surgery. I’m from Newfoundland, Canada and I’m due for jaw surgery in a couple of months, the exact date isn’t set yet but my university degree follows a tight schedule [January to April: Co-op work term, May to August: 5 courses in school, August to Dec: Co-op work term] and I don’t have any more than 10 days off between terms.
Just wondering on average how miserable everyone feels after jaw surgery and how long until you become a half functional human again (i.e. could go out with friends, go back to school and actualyl concentrate) I know it varies for everyone, just looking to hear stories of peoples past experiences.

Thanks.

PloskoPlus

Re: Recovery Time.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
Hey guys, just stumbled upon this forum while looking around the internet trying to find info on jaw surgery. I’m from Newfoundland, Canada and I’m due for jaw surgery in a couple of months, the exact date isn’t set yet but my university degree follows a tight schedule [January to April: Co-op work term, May to August: 5 courses in school, August to Dec: Co-op work term] and I don’t have any more than 10 days off between terms.
Just wondering on average how miserable everyone feels after jaw surgery and how long until you become a half functional human again (i.e. could go out with friends, go back to school and actualyl concentrate) I know it varies for everyone, just looking to hear stories of peoples past experiences.

Thanks.

I had upper jaw surgery and went to work after 2 weeks (desk job).  First 5 days were spent mainly sleeping.  Energy levels back to normal after 3 weeks.

sjf585

Re: Recovery Time.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 05:20:32 AM »
I had upper jaw surgery and went to work after 2 weeks (desk job).  First 5 days were spent mainly sleeping.  Energy levels back to normal after 3 weeks.

Cool thanks for the reply.