Author Topic: Help!!! Do you guys think it's worth it for me to get surgery..honestly? (Pics)  (Read 8281 times)

terry947

cool sounds good

sean89

I think you should get surgery.

Alue

• Private
Yup that sounds about right. My posture is terrible. Not to mention having a narrow airway makes us have are head facing forward more to enable more air to enter causing stiffness in the neck. Texting and looking down at our phones all day doesn't help either. I'll look into it also. Let me know if you have an success or find anything working extra well for you, I'll do the same.

Yep, I really believe forward head posture is oftentimes the body's way of compensating for a narrowed airway.   My airway greatly narrows if I straighten up my posture.  I surprised most orthodontists and even some surgeons don't seem to admit this.  It does depend on where the narrowest part of your airway is, though. 

needadvancement

Yep, I really believe forward head posture is oftentimes the body's way of compensating for a narrowed airway.   My airway greatly narrows if I straighten up my posture.  I surprised most orthodontists and even some surgeons don't seem to admit this.  It does depend on where the narrowest part of your airway is, though.

Interesting. If my posture worsens so does my (nose)breathing. If I keep my posture perfectly straight though my breathing is quite good.

Alue

• Private
Interesting. If my posture worsens so does my (nose)breathing. If I keep my posture perfectly straight though my breathing is quite good.

I actually had scans that confirmed this.  I don't know how common that is, but it can happen. 

dantheman

• Private
depends how far you want to take possible sleeping issues, but if your heart races on a pulse ox, you should probably move on to higher order sleep testing. A pulse ox is as crude as it gets to assess possible sleep disordered breathing.

Jol

Thank you.. It's just that I'm not superrr unhappy aesthetically currently.

You look amazing now, unless you have some physical medical issue that you really need to fix why would you want to go through the cost, risk and pain of surgery?