Author Topic: Am I a good candidate for zygomatic osteotomy? Also, any good surgeon tips?  (Read 10815 times)

baldguy83

Just a quick headsup, had a very nice consult with dr. Z and he suggested a chin wing + bsso + chin osteotomy + zygomatic osteotomy, as I expected :) Had a cone beam CT performed last week here in the NL (Mesantis in Berlin was not an option), and just submitted the CD with the DICOM data to dr. Z. Hopefully the mandibular nerve is in a good position for the chin wing to be carried out.

I could also use a nose job, but I'm not sure if I want to have that carried out at the same time as the jaw surgery.

P.S.: it's quite interesting to play around with the DICOM data! Lots of (free) software available to visualize it.

baldguy83

I'm now 3,5 weeks post-op, and everything is going well :) Still a bit of swelling around the lower jaw, but I already look much improved compared to my earlier situation. I finally have cheeks! Also really, really, love my new profile. It was quite weak-looking before.

Now i have to wait for my lower jaw to heal fully (~ 3 months), and then I'm getting my nose (and maybe ears) addressed, also by dr. Z.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:58:15 PM by baldguy83 »

Gregor Samsa

That's good news! Did you have all of the things you mentioned at once? I'm really curious to see how the ZO turned out since I'm planning on having a bimax + chin wing + ZO with Zarrinbal myself.

baldguy83

Dr. Z. carried out a BSSO + chin wing + ZO in one sitting, yes :) It was a long surgery (approximately 10 hours!) but everything went well. I stayed in the clinic (Havelklinik) for a week afterwards, just to be sure (I had to travel from The Netherlands). I've been in Berlin for two check-ups afterwards, the next one is in three weeks (Dr. Z. is on holiday now). I'm very satisfied with the ZO, it added a lot of much needed width to my midface, and even some anterior projection.

So far, I can really, really, recommend Dr. Z. He's a very nice and caring person, and seems to be really skilled.

PloskoPlus

Dr. Z. carried out a BSSO + chin wing + ZO in one sitting, yes :) It was a long surgery (approximately 10 hours!) but everything went well. I stayed in the clinic (Havelklinik) for a week afterwards, just to be sure (I had to travel from The Netherlands). I've been in Berlin for two check-ups afterwards, the next one is in three weeks (Dr. Z. is on holiday now). I'm very satisfied with the ZO, it added a lot of much needed width to my midface, and even some anterior projection.

So far, I can really, really, recommend Dr. Z. He's a very nice and caring person, and seems to be really skilled.

Congrats, man!  I'm really happy for you!  You also managed to escape the clutches of MM.  Double win!

triot

Oh, this sounds great dude. :)
I'd be happy if you'd share some pics with us, since I'm curious about the ZO results. He couldn't show me many guys who did that procedure. :)

baldguy83

Congrats, man!  I'm really happy for you!  You also managed to escape the clutches of MM.  Double win!

Yeah, thanks to you guys!

I'd be happy if you'd share some pics with us, since I'm curious about the ZO results. He couldn't show me many guys who did that procedure. :)

I won't post any pictures in public, sorry :) I only share in PM with people I already 'know' from this forum.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:13:30 AM by baldguy83 »

jesterofmalice

what sort of prices we talking about for all of that with Zarrinbal?

Also, a general question for anyone#:
If I was to get something like Damon Braces in a attempt to widen my smile and straighten my teeth and maybe even 'lift' my face a little (as the 'claim' to do) but then decide that I still want jaw surgery, are my teeth already more or less in the 'correct' position for surgery? (or at least better than they would have been prior to braces?)

Thanks muchly

Gregor Samsa

what sort of prices we talking about for all of that with Zarrinbal?

Each procedure is typically 5-8k euro. Add to that around 150 euro per night spent in the hospital.

terry947

Dude nice!!!!! Glad everything well man. I think I've seen your before pictures. Would love to see some after pics. 

I'm looking into getting ZO after JS to also widen my face. I already have a big skull just my zygo sort of cave in....

jesterofmalice

Each procedure is typically 5-8k euro. Add to that around 150 euro per night spent in the hospital.

Wow. Think I need to think about getting another 2 or 3 jobs! lol

??? :

Also, a general question for anyone#:
If I was to get something like Damon Braces in a attempt to widen my smile and straighten my teeth and maybe even 'lift' my face a little (as the 'claim' to do) but then decide that I still want jaw surgery, are my teeth already more or less in the 'correct' position for surgery? (or at least better than they would have been prior to braces?)

Thanks muchly

thanks

Lazlo

• Private
wait so that's like 25 000 euros for a chin wing, bsso, lefort, and ZSOO? That's a friggin steal!

jesterofmalice

Are you serious? The amount is nothing for this procedures including hospital fees. In switzerland they would offset 1000-3000 swissfrancs per night only a ching wing alone by Triaca will cost you about 20 000 swiss francs if not more not to tell what it would cost all this procedures together I guess above 60 000 swiss francs so he makes the real deal with Zarrinbal and Im glad to hear that he is happy with the results.

''A steal'' means ''a bargain''. Cheap. Good value.

Lazlo

• Private
Thanks jester "to steal" is not the same as "a steal".

lol

baldguy83

5 weeks post-op now, everything's still smooth sailing. Working on opening my mouth a bit wider now. I'm pretty much back to regular food, though I'm obviously still avoiding the tougher stuff, and won't be biting into apples any time soon. Still very happy with my result, now that the swelling is subsiding more and more I look better and better.