Author Topic: Is it worth $20K?  (Read 1882 times)

nomoregummy

Is it worth $20K?
« on: March 04, 2015, 09:30:56 AM »
I'm Class II with VME and I consulted with a very well-respected surgeon.  He said I would just need maxillary impaction of 4mm and my mandible would auto-rotate into a Class I bite.  My main concerns are my gummy smile, and facial tension due to my mandible not really having a place that feels comfortable. 

I had a great consult with this surgeon, felt very confident and comfortable - but is that worth $20K for such a simple procedure?  He also said he would be doing the alar cinch and V-Y closure to address my upper lip issues (philtrum is shorter than the sides of my lip).  Is this something any decently skilled surgeon can take care of?  I'd appreciate any insight, thanks!

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Is it worth $20K?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 09:50:43 AM »
I'm Class II with VME and I consulted with a very well-respected surgeon.  He said I would just need maxillary impaction of 4mm and my mandible would auto-rotate into a Class I bite.  My main concerns are my gummy smile, and facial tension due to my mandible not really having a place that feels comfortable. 

I had a great consult with this surgeon, felt very confident and comfortable - but is that worth $20K for such a simple procedure?  He also said he would be doing the alar cinch and V-Y closure to address my upper lip issues (philtrum is shorter than the sides of my lip).  Is this something any decently skilled surgeon can take care of?  I'd appreciate any insight, thanks!

who is the surgeon? I can look into it?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:07:22 AM »
Yeah 20 thow is a decent rate for the entirely kit and caboodle.

nomoregummy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 10:39:28 AM »
Anyone else, opinions please?  :)

Alue

• Private
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:43:18 PM »
Where are you located geographically?  Is the 20k including anesthesiologist, surgeon fees, hospital fees, etc.?   If is then that isn't a bad price, depending on your location. 

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 01:53:07 PM »
The price is right for sure.

How much incisor do you show at rest? That's a better indicator of impaction amount than gummy smile.

nomoregummy

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 02:45:05 PM »
Where are you located geographically?  Is the 20k including anesthesiologist, surgeon fees, hospital fees, etc.?   If is then that isn't a bad price, depending on your location.
Los Angeles, and yes it includes everything.  It's great to have the reassurance that the price is right, that completes the best case scenario for me.

nomoregummy

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 02:46:39 PM »
The price is right for sure.

How much incisor do you show at rest? That's a better indicator of impaction amount than gummy smile.

Awesome, thanks so much for that.  I have 8 mm incisor show, so the impaction amount is definitely right.