Author Topic: Please, need help  (Read 5672 times)

golden280

Re: Please, need help
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 07:36:07 PM »
Thanks Sean

Do you think it would be a bad idea to create a bad class 3 molar bite afterwards? Im pretty nervous about that

I was wondering if sliding genioplasty alone would give me decent results as well. I understand the mandible is recessed, but the difference is finances/healing time/year and a half of braces plus what I've mentioned above definitely makes me hesitate.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 01:52:33 AM »
That was a stupid question especially considering this is a jaw surgery forum. plus forehead implant? I must be out of my mind.. it just sucks that i will progressively lose hair though so it will keep getting worse.
They do such implants in South Korea, but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea, because they're massive and probably don't make good contact with the underlying bone very well and can shift around.  If you're prone to hair loss, the scars will become visible eventually.

I'm just really frustrated that my case has to be this complicated. And a potential fix could cost upwards of 25k. Im not even looking to be "hot" (sure it would be nice) but just generally attractive and not "recessed" anymore. Plus something that will work for me as I keep getting more and more bald. I WISH this was only a case of something implants can fix but I guess not. Thanks for the replies though, any help I get here is appreciated.
You have an ante-face like I do - forward jaws, sloping profile, sloping forehead.  Except I was class III before my jaw surgery.  I too want to rebalance my face.  With surgery you can do either of the two things - add or take away.  For perfect balance you usually need both.  Nose jobs are often combined with chin implants for this very reason.  And it's probably better to do 2 small operations (small augmentation and small reduction) rather than one large one (big augmentation or reduction).  It may not even be possible to do a single very large movement.
I consulted with a PS and he told me that forehead augmentation with HA paste would "make the rhinoplasty look better".

tldr;  I think you need to fix the fundamental issues first and foremost and maybe others stuff later, if you have the money (or the energy).  If your bite is bad, I'd definitely fix that (your maxilla looks good, BTW) first. And any additional stuff after that would be smaller (i.e. smaller rhino, smaller forehead augmentation).
Alternatively, you could probably get a Chin Wing osteotomy done by Dr Zarrinbal in Berlin and it would completely mask your Class II (ask Sean89 all about it!).  Given how low the Euro is vs the USD, it would probably be even cheaper.  Your call.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:48:59 PM by GJ »

golden280

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 06:28:14 AM »
Thanks Plosko, I guess I really need to assess if this is all worth it

I have a class 2 at the moment (according to my dr) but its not causing any MAJOR functional issues.. so to go through braces, extractions, bsso and genio to then give me a class 3 that MIGHT give me issues and might not even be the best course of treatment is very worrisome to say the least.

It is also why I was wondering whether or not a standard rhino (to shave the bump) and a chin implant or genioplasty might be the best course of actions given the circumstances. Obviously id look a lot more balanced if my forehead didn't slope tremendously but from what I've read, there isn't really much I could do that is practical (which is unfortunate because i think forehead is a huge part of a persons profile that gets overlooked all the time).

Regarding the chin wing... damn that looks risky cutting the mandible like that. And no doctors in the US perform it? How expensive is it? Still, unless I see more about it with before and after pics and testimonials Im probably staying away for now. Did Sean get that? Ill pm him.

Essentially what Im asking is whether or not masking this with the rhino+implant/genio would give me positive enough results for me to come away with a more balance profile and more attractive look overall? I don't know. I feel like God just gave me a generally average, imbalanced face that is hard to modify with surgery and its just up to me to accept it. Its a tough pill to swallow to know that mouth breathing and improper oral posture for 20 years essentially aggravated the problem (i looked like a completely different person as a kid) but oh well.

terry947

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 08:01:22 PM »
honestly, you might be slightly tipping your head back (based on your neck curve) making your forehead look more recessed than it is. Save your money on the forehead implant and get a hair transplant.

golden280

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »
Eh i think I've figured it out anyways.. its my damn head shape thats completely sloped, resembling like those early dolichocephlic egyptian skulls (3 of my 4 grandparents were from egypt too).. it throws the whole thing out of proportion. Like an alien. I guess its kinda neanderthal too, who knows. I guess if the skull were straightish upright(picture it stopping around just past the ears) it changes everything. Couple that with the forehead that slopes (really not sloping, just the head brought the forehead back) and there you have it. ill probably never look gold bald as well which sucks. I'm still debating whether or not even a sliding genioplasty would be worth it in the end, perhaps it would even just a smidgen and I would wait until better hair loss products or transplants come out (by then i might be dead lol)

thanks for the replies anyways