Author Topic: Revision Bi-max Surgery (Best Surgeons)  (Read 1274 times)

South Paddle

Revision Bi-max Surgery (Best Surgeons)
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:07:40 PM »
Hi everyone,

This forum is amazing! It is such a relief to discover a place with so much information - I wish I knew about it before my first bi-max.

2 years ago I had a bi-max advancement in Australia. I consulted with my doctor, dentist and ortho (who each recommended the same surgeon ). The surgery went pretty badly  and I have been left with nerve damage and also a very visible crooked midline and lopsided face.

I would like to correct this and my budget is such that I can go overseas.

I consulted with several docs in Aus but they didn't fill me with much confidence. I have seen a lot of discussions about the "best" surgeons but would really appreciate some more advice on places to contact/visit in Europe, the States, and possibly Asia. I know these posts come up quite often but reading through them has left me more confused due to the conflicting opinions. I know that quite a few doctors touch up their after photos so I have become a bit weary of what I see online an would really appreciate some first hand knowledge.

Surgeons that have an aesthetic focus would be wonderful - tired of looking like I got hit in the face with a shovel  ;D

Cheers,

South.

molestrip

• Private
Re: Revision Bi-max Surgery (Best Surgeons)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »
You have amazing composure for what you've gone through. In any case, the two best surgeons in the US are considered to be Dr Arnett and Dr Wolford and they do a lot of redos. Dr Wolford has experience with nerve damage and complex craniofacial cases, Dr Arnett has a better toolset for fixing aesthetics. Dr Posnick is also reputable. They all have their unique quirks and issues. A number of names for Europe here sound good too. You should pick one of these regions and visit a few options in one swoop. Closer is better. Have you visited all the dental schools in Australia? I'm sure Asia has some good shops too.

South Paddle

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:17:55 AM »
Cheers Molestrip that's really good advice. Those 2 US surgeons seem great also.

I've been pouring through the forum all day looking up surgeons, techniques, implants - the works. I am definitely going to know a lot more than I did first time around and go in with a very clear picture of what I want to accomplish.

Thanks again for your response.

Can you tell me a bit about your experiences with jaw surgery and how you planned out? 

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
I still haven't even started lol. I've been researching and learning for about 8mo now. At this point, not sure how to proceed as, given this level of knowledge I know exactly what I want and good surgeons know not to work with people like me.