Author Topic: How come my orthodontist said i didnt need surgery?  (Read 5931 times)

Nataliepryor

• Private
Re: How come my orthodontist said i didnt need surgery?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 05:44:15 AM »
Agree!

I had braces for 4 years as a child now I have them again for 1 year, until double jaw surgery ...any longer prior to surgery and I would have changed Orthodontists, lol. 

The timeframe should be less, my Ortho said the crowding issues that were resolved and work completed should account for something. Even though there had been movement and my teeth were not 100% stable, they were definitely better than previous to any orthodontics and I had headgear and camouflage (which didn't work).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:00:36 AM by Nataliepryor »

Alue

• Private
Re: How come my orthodontist said i didnt need surgery?
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 08:02:26 PM »
Not condoning either, but you see children in braces all the time.  It's almost expected these days.  When I was in school I saw kids wear braces for practically eternity (OK, the younger we are, the slower were perceive time, but still).  That's why the very idea never entered my mind up until a few years ago.  Time flies as an adult, but there is no way I would've signed up if 5 years were on the cards.  In fact, I initially thought that 18 months was my ortho being conservative The first ortho I saw promised 6 months to operation.  LOL, just, LOL.  Ended up doing 13 months pre-op, and almost 6.5 post-op.

Interesting.  Since I've already been in braces and wore headgear (my bite is in alignment)  I was told I should need minimal amount of time in braces, but a lot of that comes down to the orthodontist.   I need to start 'shopping around' for orthodontists or so to speak while I get my insurance in order.   Ugg not looking forward to that, I have a real mistrust for orthodontists.