Author Topic: SARPE DURING MAXILLARY ADVANCEMENT????  (Read 1575 times)

Lazlo

• Private
SARPE DURING MAXILLARY ADVANCEMENT????
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:42:20 PM »
Okay, please indulge me in beginning a new thread for this but it's a very specific question. My ortho today recommended that I get the RME (also known as RPE or SARPE device) put in at the time of my jaw surgery. he said this is safer than a multi-segment lefort and would remain in my mouth for 6 months after surgery. Of course I was bewildered because I had never heard of this option. As we see DolphinBite had the RME put in and then will have surgery several months later. So I'm preplexed with this option that my ortho is suggesting and wondering if it has ever even been done before!!?? Does anyone have any knowledge of a SARPE being put in at the same time as jaw surgery? It's something my ortho has proposed and I want to hear of examples...

jcan7

Re: SARPE DURING MAXILLARY ADVANCEMENT????
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 07:59:09 PM »
Lazlo, did you ever end up finding more information regarding this?

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 05:53:51 AM »
No. I've only heard of the traditional SAPRE, like what I've had done.... RPE installed by Ortho, next day surgery to break bone and a few days later start expanding.

Or expansion during surgery, where only small amount of expansion is required. No RPE appliance is required.

I have a surgeon consult on 6 May, if you would like me to ask?

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:55:33 AM »
Lol sorry.... just realised old thread brought back to life !