Author Topic: ncr  (Read 2505 times)

earl25

ncr
« on: April 12, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »
This claims to solve sorts of cosmetic issues. is it a scam? sounds king of dangerous to me

http://www.ncrdoctors.co...nder/ncr-about-dr-howell

triot

Re: ncr
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:22:09 AM »

edit: okay I missunderstood sth. lol

terry947

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »
I think NCR is legit, but not on its own. If you just do NCR without chewing, tongue posture, or even facepulling then its a waste. I've heard many people say that the changes caused by inflations generally dont hold. The body usually wants to revert to what it was before.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:55:02 PM »
Dr Mew was arguing with people on the jaw surgery group about this. He admitted he has NO patients who've undergone this procedure. If you do it, then you'd be the first. Personally, I think by itself it's a waste of time and money at best, dangerous at worst. The sutures are closed so you're relying on remodeling, which could decade a decade or more to see meaningful improvement and that with daily therapy several hours a day. I think LIPUS might speed this up, if they can improve that technology further maybe or better yet find a way to restart growth.

terry947

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:57:06 AM »
Hey molestrip u have a link of mike  talking about JS?

Also I think you mentioned it before but what's LIPUS?

earl25

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 03:11:41 AM »
would the dna appliance or homeoblock work with ncr

earl25

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 04:56:32 PM »
Dr Mew was arguing with people on the jaw surgery group about this. He admitted he has NO patients who've undergone this procedure. If you do it, then you'd be the first. Personally, I think by itself it's a waste of time and money at best, dangerous at worst. The sutures are closed so you're relying on remodeling, which could decade a decade or more to see meaningful improvement and that with daily therapy several hours a day. I think LIPUS might speed this up, if they can improve that technology further maybe or better yet find a way to restart growth.

what about growth homone while doing ncr? with the plates open they might grow

terry947

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »
Dna appliance and homeoblock are just palate expanders.

And I've thought about taking hgh while doing these kinds of treatments but im not sure. You'd need to take atleast 5 ius to possibly promote growth.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 09:08:16 PM »
Bioblock claims to push the mandible forward, also controversial. I wouldn't advise taking growth hormones as an adult, unless you like cancer (do you like cancer?). Maybe with injections so it'd be local-ish. Can the sutures reopen even or do they calcify? That would certainly be ideal for people like us, some injections and headgear for a few months and you're good. I'm guessing no one's tried it for good reason. I certainly wouldn't want to be patient 0. Neither does a guinea pig; he knows the odds but he doesn't have a choice. You do.

No link to the conversation with Dr Mew, it was on FB. He posted his email address once, I could dig it up if you want. LIPUS is low intensity pulsed ultrasound, supposed to stimulate bone growth.

terry947

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 11:19:51 PM »
hgh doesnt cause cancer, it just helps it grow if its dormant. Either way you'd get it, just with hgh it would come faster.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 02:41:30 AM »
Mew is a quack, all be it a well meaning one.