Author Topic: [deleted]  (Read 2056 times)

Rico

[deleted]
« on: February 24, 2017, 12:18:54 PM »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:07:23 AM by Rico »

Milli_Meters

Re: postop nerve regeneration - 2nd year
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »
If you are quantifying it appropriately 75 % is a lot of sensation back.

You do need to take care of your diet. Also look into supplements that help with regeneration if you have not already. Do not lose hope... with Nerve grafting and stem cells etc there might be legit treatments down the line.

ditterbo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:56:50 PM »
When I had a chin implant wing riding up in my left cheek, I felt it's presence there practically all the time.  I couldn't sleep on that side of my face, and I felt some lingering mild pain there every few days.  It was pretty maddening, but I still have never experienced prolonged numbness (outside of a dental office).  Curious how would you compare and contrast that to your problem? 

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 04:16:48 PM »
That wasn't a well written question, sorry. I meant how does constant pain / the feeling of that implant presence compare to the numbness or whatever it is you feel with that side of your face.  NVM if that still doesn't make sense.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »
yeah i can concur feeling numbness now 6 months post-op it does really suck.

you don't really get used to it at all. I wonder why people say that.

Lestat

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 11:15:06 PM »
Then another op would not help you in your case Rico, because your nerves are permanently damaged, right?

Do permanently damaged nerves ever heal?
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pain-management/737563-do-permanently-damaged-nerves-ever-heal.html

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 03:43:39 AM »
it looks like low carbo diet has bad impact on nerve regeneration after surgery and I think surgeons should do tests to show a patient how looks even partial numbness .. just some injection to switch off nerve function a bit for an hour

if a patient determine that it's too bad for  him, he should avoid surgery or surgeon should take much more care during surgery (or do better plan)
I believe surgeons don't take care too much - routine
They don't care. Period. The average surgeon is literally a psychopath. You should know this by now.