Author Topic: What procedures would help my appearance?  (Read 5028 times)

Questioning_Options

What procedures would help my appearance?
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:28:57 PM »
I am curious about your thoughts on which procedures would provide me the most benefit from an aesthetic standpoint. I am considering jaw surgery mainly for functional/health reasons, but am also interested in the aesthetic benefits that could be had.

(Note that these photos were taken from a low quality smartphone, so there is some image distortion, especially a fisheye effect that makes my face look longer and less contoured than it actually is. I will try to find some better quality photos soon.)

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.

Edit: original photos removed. Anyone who's particularly interested in viewing them can message me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:05:29 PM by Questioning_Options »

Lazlo

• Private
Re: What procedures would help my appearance?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 04:09:45 PM »
You're pretty good looking already. You'd be like perfect if you had a sliding genioplaty to move your forward a little bit. Otherwise you look great dude. Congrats you partially won the gnetic lottery. Enjoy it.

Questioning_Options

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 04:30:15 PM »
Slide the chin forward and slight refinement to the nose (hanging alar and bulbous tip); everything else looks good.
I appreciate the feedback, but I'm only interested in advice on jaw surgery.

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 05:34:35 PM »
do you have an X-ray? You have a somewhat steep mandibular plan and heavy lower 3rd. Not sure what can or should be done about that. I would leave things the way they are.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
just listen to me dude. you just need a genioplasty to bring the chin forward. don't f**k with the nose, rhinoplasties are rarely successful for things like tip work. and your nose is fine. will look ore balanced once the chin comes out. everything esle is f**king male model quality. don't be so f**king obsessed over this.

Questioning_Options

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 06:27:59 PM »
do you have an X-ray? You have a somewhat steep mandibular plan and heavy lower 3rd.
I don't have an x-ray available to share here, but I have seen my profile in x-rays and you're correct about the steep mandibular plane. I'm not sure what a heavy lower 3rd is, unless you just mean a proportionately big lower 3rd of the face.

just listen to me dude. you just need a genioplasty to bring the chin forward. don't f**k with the nose, rhinoplasties are rarely successful for things like tip work. and your nose is fine. will look ore balanced once the chin comes out. everything esle is f**king male model quality. don't be so f**king obsessed over this.
I wasn't the one who suggested anything about the nose, nor have I ever been interested in something like that. I was just considering what kinds of changes in the realm of jaw surgery would be helpful for my appearance. The context in which I might actually make such a decision would be if I got something like SARPE or MMA for functional purposes, and opted for some sliding genioplasty or a chin wing or something of that nature to balance out the results. I'm not going on a plastic surgery binge or anything like that.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful comments.

Vic

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
Jaw implants would be good to make your jaw wider

Tom2

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
Chin implant or sliding genio with angle of jaw implants and this dude could be on tv.

lucky....

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »
Nice lips, are they all your own?

Questioning_Options

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 04:03:19 PM »
Is there anything (BSSO, Le Fort, etc.) that would expand my jawline horizontally without implants? I have an aversion to the idea of foreign substances in my face.

Nice lips, are they all your own?

Troll post?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 04:58:13 PM »
Is there anything (BSSO, Le Fort, etc.) that would expand my jawline horizontally without implants? I have an aversion to the idea of foreign substances in my face.
If your bite is fine, then a chin wing.  It's like a super genioplasty involving your whole mandible.  It can be moved in all sorts of planes, and actually makes your jaw look wider.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 06:41:42 AM »
Troll post?

No dear, it was a compliment.

terry947

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »
Ya I agree with Plosko. Chin-wing would be good for you.

Questioning_Options

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 05:49:42 PM »
Does my maxilla appear retruded? Is my upper jaw recessed? I read about these two traits a lot when reading about craniofacial surgery. I think I understand them conceptually, but am not able to visually assess them. It does appear that my lips/teeth are reasonable far forward, but I don't know about the rest of my facial bones, or if that appearance is just the outward angle of my teeth.

Also, on a different note, is it possible for a palate widening procedure like SARPE or Le Fort I to minimize the appearance of the cheekbones (as the palate expands horizontally while the cheekbones remain in the original place)? I might have one of these recommended for functional purposes, so this is not a question about the original topic, but an aside.