Author Topic: History of LeFort 1 and related surgeries  (Read 1011 times)

molestrip

• Private
History of LeFort 1 and related surgeries
« on: April 17, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »
Here's a nice paper on LeFort 1, including history. I found these nice slides too.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: History of LeFort 1 and related surgeries
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:00:45 PM »
thanks this is all great stuff for the newbies. Read all of it. And realize that this is in theory what doctors can do, most max fax's won't actually do quadrangular lefort 2 osteotomies etc. only the real pros who are hard to find.

regardless, read all of this, i already new all this but i read it again. go through all the slides. this way you can actually coverse intellegently about this stuff. You should all know as well that doing a multi-segment lefort is possible to address transverse deficiencies, but it morbidity is high --which means you'll lose a ton of blood, it's unstable and you might lose feeling in your palate as wll as create some dead teeh which will turn grey (cause the roots are dead) --and then you'll have to have them bleached or replaced. Anyway, doctors don't like to do it for these reasons. Much better to have a multi-stage operation where you have sarpe first, wait a year thn have bi-max advancement. Ah....to late for me but if you're just starting out not a bad way to go.

aristidine

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:32:24 PM »
yes, thank you. i especially like the site with the slides.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 04:25:27 AM »
I always wondered why I had such a drawn out treatment plan, thanks Lazlo, now I know why!

Kinda thought there was method in the madness, SAPRE is a b*tch  :P