Author Topic: should we spend years reaserching about every surgery before starting?  (Read 6328 times)

Lazlo

• Private

I think AVEL is right.     People with good result just move on.

I'm in the midst of recovery so I am still here and waiting to determine how I feel about it.   

Dude i hope the best for you. But how bad is recovery? Like is it bulls**t that you can speak and function totally normally in a month?

Breakingbad

• Private
i'm from France but im not going to get my surgeries done here, rather in the US where are best

Just curious, but why do you think that US surgeons are best? which ones in specific? I was under the impression that there were lots of well experienced surgeons in Europe, and that in the USA, if I'm not mistaken, there is more focus on cases with functional issues.

Rico

nope 1 or 2 years is total max.. You never get 100% guarantee that surgery will be successful

better to avoid it, if the problem is minor. It depends on number of factors, including personality.

molestrip

• Private
There's a lot of good surgeons in the US. There's probably better surgeons in India and China, simply because they have better access to patients. We just don't know about them, that's really the issue. Good surgeons are spread out. One of the best is in South Africa as I recall, of all places. I know people here had mixed impressions from pictures but I still think Dr Alfaro in Spain is a good choice. Certainly much closer from France.

Tom2

Re: should we spend years reaserching about every surgery before starting?
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 04:30:28 AM »
Dude i hope the best for you. But how bad is recovery? Like is it bulls**t that you can speak and function totally normally in a month?

As you have read elsewhere - for me - yea - it was bulls**t.

Another thing - you start hearing about the common problems from everyone - surgeon, people in surgeon's office, orthodontist AFTER you have the surgery......

That really pissed me off.

I'll be 5 months post op in several days....still recovering.. and I am progressing and way better than where I was before but this (at least for me) takes a while to come back from.   I'm older than most having this surgery so maybe that is part of it.

The big question remains......    Tom2, Would you do it again?         I have been a big time NO for a long time.    I've progressed to a maybe....