Author Topic: Eye Width....  (Read 12751 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Eye Width....
« on: May 11, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »
So as we are continuing to investigate the elusive qualities of facial beauty I must submit a very crucial criteria.

Width of ones eyes proportionate to face. If you have relatively close-set eyes (as I do) it is a f**king killer for beauty. I mean you majorly lose. Because no matter what else is done, it will severely detract from your looks. It's the death knell essentially.

Any of you have this problem? Women often attempt to disguise it by applying eyeshadow to their eyelids with darker parts towards the end away from the eye. blah blah.

But is there a surgical solution?

This is the next frontier!!! ANYONE GOT INFO!!!

Wide-set eyes are BEAUTIFUL --GIVE A YOUTHFUL AND ATTRACTIVE ALERT APPEARANCE.

CLOSE_SET EYES MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A MUG-WUMP GISM.

notrain

• Private
Re: Eye Width....
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

But is there a surgical solution?

Yes, it is called Orbital Box Osteotomy.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:52:50 PM »
Yes, it is called Orbital Box Osteotomy.

you know who does it? probs crazy dangerous right?

terry947

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »
Lazlo getting and orbital box osteotomy for wide set eyes is super crazy. It looks crazier then the lefort III. and close set eyes isnt that bad. If your under eye area is good then close set or wide set eyes dont matter as much, IMO.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 06:01:23 PM »
Lazlo getting and orbital box osteotomy for wide set eyes is super crazy. It looks crazier then the lefort III. and close set eyes isnt that bad. If your under eye area is good then close set or wide set eyes dont matter as much, IMO.

yeah true, i'm gonna talk to sinn about whether he can do a canthopexy or whatever it's called plus a little of a midfacelift plus have the orbital rims push up my scleral show

chris evans has close set eyes, but he looks awesome cause his eyes are very happy shaped and squinty. mine are like round orbs. f**king hell!!!!

terry947

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »

look at this pic of chris evans. His actual eyes are deep set. Like if you look at the distance of the top of his eye brow to the top of his eye, theres some space there. IF his eyes would protrude closer to his eye brow ridge, then they'd  appear like they're bulging and it'll also maybe look like he has less under eye support. Basically my point is that deep set eyes help in making the mid face look like it has more volume. If the mid face is actually recessed then deep set eyes would make it look less bad.

this chick had orbital decompression and look how much better she looks. Its something to look into if you have bulging eyes. But i wonder if surgeons can say 100% if bulging eyes are due to a recessed upper maxilla or muscular.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 08:41:09 PM »
yeah what the HAY!!???

I need that. I have deep set eyes, but they bulge. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

I need orbital decompression!!!! f**k I'm gonna have to get some sort of extra job to pay for that.

EARL!!! Please tell us, you're the expert. Is that a realistic result of orbital decompression?????

notrain

• Private
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 12:57:39 AM »
look at this pic of chris evans. His actual eyes are deep set. Like if you look at the distance of the top of his eye brow to the top of his eye, theres some space there. IF his eyes would protrude closer to his eye brow ridge, then they'd  appear like they're bulging and it'll also maybe look like he has less under eye support. Basically my point is that deep set eyes help in making the mid face look like it has more volume. If the mid face is actually recessed then deep set eyes would make it look less bad.

Is that pic shopped or morphed? He has a class 2 profile in this pic, looks like it is taken from the first captain america movie where they CGI'd him into a jawsurgeryforums member before he got transformed into cpt. america by this crazy doctor.

Bazarov

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 05:01:37 AM »
you know who does it? probs crazy dangerous right?

It isn't something one can just stroll in and get 'done' - it takes a team of craniofacial, maxfac, neurology, and neuroanesthesiology surgeons to perform. Complication rate is surprisingly low; something <5%, as I recall. Of course, those complications aren't pretty. You definitely don't want enopthalmos, although blindness is - again, surprisingly enough - very rare. Aesthetic results are natural-looking, from what I've seen, although it can be difficult to properly gauge given the starting points of the people having the operation. There are a few different surgical techniques, ranging from the mildly nauseating to the downright horrifying (facial bipartition).

Unfortunately, I doubt any western surgeon would even consider it for anything less severe than an IPD >2 SD below average. Let me know if you do ever ask any surgeons about it, though.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 05:05:17 AM »
Lazlo,

what is your IPD?

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »
Evans does look class II, with a strong chin that does a good job to mask it to the average person. I unfortunately have zero chin prominence to speak off, doing a terrible job to mask mine. Did he have surgery?

geijutsu

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 07:42:19 AM »

this chick had orbital decompression and look how much better she looks. Its something to look into if you have bulging eyes. But i wonder if surgeons can say 100% if bulging eyes are due to a recessed upper maxilla or muscular.

Seriously? her eyes look deeper set on the left picture.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 08:48:36 AM »
i wonder if it's like she got filler plus the decompression. there's something very strange about the before and after. terry where did you get this all from?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »
I'm confused, her eyes appear perfectly normal in both pics.

MrFox

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 09:11:47 AM »
I'm surprised someone did decompression on her but the eyes look much better after