Author Topic: Eye Width....  (Read 13023 times)

terry947

Re: Eye Width....
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »
i dunno what she had. I just googled orbital decompression before and after. it was like one of the first pics.

also LOL. not sure if shes had orbital decompression, just found this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ealford/6887430240/

Looks like she only had rhino, but her eyes look better. Either way OD makes the face look better if you have bulging eyes.

geijutsu

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »
Not everyone with bulging eyes requires an orbital decompression surgery, some simply have a bone deficiency around the rim of the orbits which makes their eyes appear more prominent. Orbital decompression works for patients who's eyeballs bulge so much that you start seeing a large part of their sclera. In this case, the surgeon would need to carve the extra fat/bone inside the orbital globe to set the eyeballs back into the eyes to their normal position.

Charles-Guillaume

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 10:42:56 PM »
Hello. I recently--three weeks ago, roughly--had double jaw surgery for my class 2 occlusion, but I do feel that my face still needs quite a bit of work done for me to be content with it.

My pupillary distance is 58-60 mm (it is difficult to measure it precisely with rudimentary equipment), and I do feel that this dimension is incredibly small if not in absolute terms then relative to the rest of my facial anatomy.

For a year or thereabouts now I have known that I would benefit greatly from even a slight bilateral expansion of the interorbital region; we're talking 5-6 mm at most, a very minor movement compared to those cases (for some reason, only hypertelorism seems to be of common concern judging by the images available on the internet) that I have examined. My eyes are pretty well-supported with a nice sleek and uptilted shape, but the deviation in spacing makes it look as though my nose is too long though it is perfectly normal and even uptilted.

I am not one to back down when my (disgustingly close-set predatory) eyes gaze upon something that I desire (wow, that could be misinterpreted in at least a couple of different rather distubring ways), and therefore I will consult with leading maxfacs about this issue as soon as I have recovered more fully from the bimax. I figure that if I survived a LeFort I BSSO combo without any issues--I was already chewing softer varieties of bread two weeks postop--I might as well take it one step further so that I may eventually grow to not loathe my visage.