Author Topic: Eyes, orbits and all that jazz  (Read 2220 times)

PloskoPlus

Eyes, orbits and all that jazz
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:17:10 PM »
Rather big eyes for a male, weak orbits... still looks good.  An absolutely pointless nose job.  You don't want to see a surgeon who is willing to take this guy's money.

http://www.rhinoplastyrevisions.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty/patient-18/

It's all about how well the features fit together.  Strong projected cheekbones, orbits, jaws are NOT an absolute necessity.  Rugged does not automatically mean good looking.  Although I suppose they help with the ageing process.  He may not age well.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Eyes, orbits and all that jazz
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »
better before. fit his face. now his nose looks too small. That said, a very good rhino.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 12:55:32 PM »
Yeah, if I were the surgeon, I wouldn't brag about this.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:33:23 AM »
Frankel is, or was when I was researching a few years ago,  considered one of the best rhino guys. This kid is probably an aspiring actor or something looking for cookie cutter 'perfection' for camera purposes so it's not really fair to judge the surgeon for the patient's lack of taste.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 03:20:47 AM »
Frankel is, or was when I was researching a few years ago,  considered one of the best rhino guys. This kid is probably an aspiring actor or something looking for cookie cutter 'perfection' for camera purposes so it's not really fair to judge the surgeon for the patient's lack of taste.
Well, an aspiring actor would not give permission to use his photos.

I know of Frankel's reputation.  But I wouldn't call the result good, because it's completely unnecessary.  Frankel has tons of other good cases.   He could have skipped this one.  It makes him look unscrupulous. (OK, he probably took the guy because he would have had the rhino done anyway with someone else, who might have ruined his nose.  Still, no need to advertise this).

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 04:18:58 AM »
Lol, you're carrying on like it's a botched job or something. It's a technically fine rhino, just not to your taste.

Ginger

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 12:18:19 PM »

Thanks for pointing this out about the surgeon. I was just thinking this guy's nose was fine before, but with the more defined bridge it'll definitely photograph better now.