Author Topic: summary: Who is gonna have LF3 (or modified ver.) / full zygomatic osteotomy ?  (Read 8025 times)

Rico

Please tell me. Since I'm gonna have surgical procedure close to this, I would know better with whom I can talk here...also I have some good ideas - but this in priv

Optimistic

• I am class I
Please tell me. Since I'm gonna have surgical procedure close to this, I would know better with whom I can talk here...also I have some good ideas - but this in priv

We already talk in private ;)
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Rico

OK. that's why I created this thread. Now I can see here who is gonna have this. You know too many messages / threads....

Mark505

well as I said it before, I'm cosidering high-lefort stuff since only this is viewable way to revert my face to closer what is used to be. However due to mixed opinion among surgeons, lack of documented non-sydromic cases, level of invasiveness, possibility of uncertain aesthetic results, post op complications and heavily fluctuating price, it's questionable how I will pull this plan into realisation.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:24:46 AM by Mark505 »

Rico

do it in my way... just keep looking for right surgeon for reasonable price.. sending mails does not cost. remember an e-mail can go into SPAM folder. To reduce the risk, send description in first message (there should be information you are gonna send files), right after that, send another with files, but do not exceed 2MB. Just some good pictures, X-Rays, CT, your photos... most of us already know what kind of pictures are helpful for surgeons.

at some point you will notice, that generally you made enough number of consultations, then you will have ask yourself is it worth, or more simply can you live with this or not...if not - then undergo, if can - leave it. You won't have guarantee. From what I see you have not reached this point yet, but you are close ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:40:52 PM by Rico :) »

baldguy83

I'm planning to undergo a zygomatic osteotomy.

Mark505

I'm planning to undergo a zygomatic osteotomy.

full zygo or ZSO?

Optimistic

• I am class I
full zygo or ZSO?

99.9999% he would mean ZSO. f**king ZSO. I hate that operation. Sad thing is I will probably get it myself if I can't find someone to touch my infraorbital rims.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Rico

Optimistic: you know which surgeon / surgeons perform LF3 in non-syndromic patient. What's the problem ;) ? and you know which surgeons have potential to do it - you have just to ask

many surgeon's names were typed on this forum

so :) ?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:35:21 AM by Rico :) »

Optimistic

• I am class I
Optimistic: you know which surgeon / surgeons perform LF3 in non-syndromic patient. What's the problem ;) ? and you know which surgeons have potential to do it - you have just to ask

many surgeon's names was typed on this forum

so :) ?

Some days I look in the mirror and it's not say bad :) Makes me think I'm crazy for considering it, and a doctor would be crazy to do it.

We will wait until I send more scans off to the doctors. I know which ones to approach.

Rico

Optimistic: when I look at your picture (avatar) I think everything is OK  :D

baldguy83

full zygo or ZSO?

The one dr. Z performs, I'm guessing ZSO? I don't think it touches the infraorbital rim.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:21:21 AM by baldguy83 »

baldguy83

99.9999% he would mean ZSO. f**king ZSO. I hate that operation. Sad thing is I will probably get it myself if I can't find someone to touch my infraorbital rims.

Why do you 'hate' ZSO? Because it doesn't address infraorbital rim weakness?

Optimistic

• I am class I
Why do you 'hate' ZSO? Because it doesn't address infraorbital rim weakness?

ZSO doesn't address some of the main issues people presenting with weak malars have. Flat malars are coupled with recessed midface/infraorbital rims mostly. Adding width to that isn't doing a whole lot. The entire thing needs to be brought forwards.

baldguy83

I see. I am seeing dr. Z again tomorrow, I will ask him about this (anterior movement).