Author Topic: Why does her chin surgery look so terrible?  (Read 21691 times)

Serra

• Private
Re: Why does her chin surgery look so terrible?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:43 AM »
Guys, I have new xrays. I was supposed to have an SG reversal and now one of my notches is small and the other is huge (bigger than it was before). The side of my face with the huge step-off looks very gaunt. My chin is still very strong. Is this normal? Please help.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:59:48 AM by open_bite »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 01:39:32 AM »
I think it was the botox.  I'm so certain of it.  It's that same look when girls go in for this type of treatment wanting to come out with chiseled cheekbones but, it won't ever happen unless your structure looks good (I think this treatment works best for wide faces, btw...)  Instead, the muscle weakens and the lower jaw doesn't have good support anymore.  Same with the cheeks and everything just kinda slopes down.  If this is truly the cause- she can get her masseters back by chewing a lot to build them up.

You mean botox to the masseter muscles to make the face more heart-shaped?

dvfan

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2019, 04:39:00 AM »
An old thread but I see a lot of Asians get surgery wherein their jaw angles are burred off: V-line surgery. It is the opposite of what a lot of patients here aim for, seems. Anyhow, I'm starting to get annoyed with the too exaggerated V-line results I see in a lot of Asian advertisements. This is a popular surgery among Asians and the smaller the chin the better is the credo. It can give awkward results if too much is shaved off, almost comical like a caricature. I get that females often look better with more feminine faces, but it can be too much too!