Author Topic: Rhinoplasty Revisited.  (Read 6891 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Rhinoplasty Revisited.
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
As an adjunct to jaw surgery I'm very seriously considering a rhinoplasty which I had before sworn off.

Let's compile a list of people who are renowned for great rhinos. Begin.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Rhinoplasty Revisited.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:57:41 PM »
I have to tell you, I think rhinoplasty is WAY WAY more unpredictable than jaw surgery and we know how unpredictable that is.

This guy seems the most advanced, but many think his noses are large and huge. But here's the problem. TO get structure in a fleshy big bulbous nose you can't really just cut away the nose or skin. Instead you need to add structure to give the illusion that the nose is more refined. It's really sucks having so much thick skin on your nose. But Im realizing my tip is just too large and droopy. Maybe the architecture of my whole face will change after jaw surgery and orbital rim advancement enough for my nose to look better. Ugh!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVSXKg5K0A

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »
Yeah this is why rhinos are such bad news. My nose has a wide (good for men I suppose, and I am male) strong bridge but the tip feels like it's all flesh. Yes fatty, oily skin. It really overwhelms my face. I'm just gonna hope that the chin augmentation and cheekbone work Sinn does will balance my face out to the point I don't need a rhino. That said, Dr. Sinn suggested I get a rhino with him in a third stage. I'll have time to reassess. If any of you have ideas let me know.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 01:17:25 PM »
Honestly rhinos are so hid and miss...crapshoot in a s**tstorm

My first doc was supposedly expert and he did a terrible job.  He didn't straighten my nose after the original break, didn't fix the broken septum, removed way too much bridge and not nearly enough tip. My second surgery was a cheap quickie in Lebanon and I'm pretty happy with the result

I think the most important thing is to find a doc who can do the shape that you want (I wanted a supratip break and an upturned snub nose and I made sure I found a doc that had before/afters like this)

I used to have quite a large tip and hanging columella.  Now my nose is cute.  The swelling was 90% gone in a month from the 2nd surgery (which was close and no bone work, just tip).  The first time it took forever

The internal stitches are a royal pain in the ass

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 04:09:53 PM »
Interesting TINY....yeah the idea bout the shape makes a lot of sense.

m9999

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 06:24:22 PM »
Honestly rhinos are so hid and miss...crapshoot in a s**tstorm

My first doc was supposedly expert and he did a terrible job.  He didn't straighten my nose after the original break, didn't fix the broken septum, removed way too much bridge and not nearly enough tip. My second surgery was a cheap quickie in Lebanon and I'm pretty happy with the result

I think the most important thing is to find a doc who can do the shape that you want (I wanted a supratip break and an upturned snub nose and I made sure I found a doc that had before/afters like this)

I used to have quite a large tip and hanging columella.  Now my nose is cute.  The swelling was 90% gone in a month from the 2nd surgery (which was close and no bone work, just tip).  The first time it took forever

The internal stitches are a royal pain in the ass

Do you have before/after pics?

Bazarov

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 06:34:45 PM »
Dr. Rizk is very, very good at refining thicker nasal tips.

Unfortunately, he's also very, very good at charging absurd prices.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
Dr. Rizk is very, very good at refining thicker nasal tips.

Unfortunately, he's also very, very good at charging absurd prices.

How risky is it to ask a surgeon to refine the nasal tip? Especially if one emphasised a less is more approach?
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »
How risky is it to ask a surgeon to refine the nasal tip? Especially if one emphasised a less is more approach?

If the surgeon does a "closed" rhinoplasty approach, that is with no outer scars, then the risk is much less, but then the refinement you get may not be as good as an open approach supposedly allows for more dissection and sculpting.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 04:50:02 AM »
IMO, the facial frame (jaws, cheekbones) is far more important than the nose, which should be the last thing to fix.  And I think you're right, fleshy noses... there is only so much that can be done, especially with males.

I can't really judge rhinoplasties... a lot of the before and afters give me a "why did they even bother" feeling.  But the names I've heard bandied about are Guyuron, Frankel, Cochoran.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »
IMO, the facial frame (jaws, cheekbones) is far more important than the nose, which should be the last thing to fix.  And I think you're right, fleshy noses... there is only so much that can be done, especially with males.

I can't really judge rhinoplasties... a lot of the before and afters give me a "why did they even bother" feeling.  But the names I've heard bandied about are Guyuron, Frankel, Cochoran.

Yes I agree. Once the facial frame is set, rhino may not even be needed. But it can give that subtle "aha" touch at the end if done well. I will probably do it. I'm going balls to the wall with this s**t. I mean head reconstruction motherf**kers!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 01:23:55 PM »

You need to make bumper stickers or become a motivational speaker.
\

I can imagine no higher compliment. Thank you.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 06:35:02 PM »
\

I can imagine no higher compliment. Thank you.

You will look better, just don't go overboard with your expectations, because the key to happiness is low expectations.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 11:07:27 AM »

If the surgeon does a "closed" rhinoplasty approach, that is with no outer scars, then the risk is much less, but then the refinement you get may not be as good as an open approach supposedly allows for more dissection and sculpting.

My first was open, my second was close.  Second gave a better result even though open is supposedly more accurate.

Recovery from rhino was way worse than I expected.  Even with my 2nd surgery (35 mins, under local), I swelled up so much I could hardly open my eyes.  And your nose is totally blocked for days

IMO nose matters a lot more for females than males.  I mean Adrien Brody?  Giant nose, still hot.  But a lot of women look way better after their rhinoplasties (e.g. moi  ;D)

mynameis

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 12:40:26 PM »
Small nose = cute (names)

Big nose = character (brody, pacino, r.williams etc)

:D