Author Topic: Clarification: Pelo is a good surgeon, but old school, not what we are looking 4  (Read 1968 times)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
As you all know, this surgery might turn very wrong.

My nerve function is perfect, i have zero numbness, my bite is very goood and stable, symmetrical.

Yes, i could have benefited (a lot) for more ccw.

However, my orthognatic surgery had a satisfactory result, especially considering the immense complications that may arise. Not an excellent one, but a satisfactory one.

What was really poor is how he confronted the residual aesthetic concerns: bascially the guy has an aesthetic vision that is EXTREMELY DISTANT from the one i have, from the one in this forum.

Midlines were ok, proportions on some plane were kind of fine. Who cares if i had a droopy midface, asymmetrical chin, zero gonial angles, banana sloped jaw.

I REALLY needed some bony contouring surgery after my first orthognatic procedure. Him neglecting that/not being able to issue my concerns means he is not the guy offering a comprehensive approach we are looking for.

If you have a good bone structure, good jaw angles, good midface, and you have a class II/ class III bite, he might be the PERFECT guy for you: he is skilled and doesn't screw up nerves and function, he has great cases (he has done excellent jobs) and that's it.

But if we're looking to adress jaw angles with chin wing, zygomatic osteotomies, orbital rim, etc. he is NOT the guy. at all.

I also need to give credit to the guy since he anyhow set the basis on which Dr. Zarrinbal was able to make substantial improvements and deliver what now I think is a fairly decent and mildly attractive face.

I hope i made it clear!

thanks. And rico, don't be such an ass telling me i'm f**kin annoying. You send an average 10 pm per day to every user and your english is difficult to understand, please don't tell me i'm annoying.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:34:48 AM by stupidjaws »

mynameis

Thanks Stupid, thats some really helpful information on Dr. Pelo for the forum. Now we know he is an excellent surgeon but not as big into the other stuff as we'd hoped.

(And we did have reason to hope, seeing as he has written papers on various types of malar osteotomies, and wrote a paper called 'The Beauty Line' or something where he used midfacial implants along with jaw surgery to get excellent aesthetic results, and also is able to perform chin/mandibula wings though now as we know maybe not so keen on using them.)

Rico

After what I saw I'm not sure about his opinion. I would question his objectivity.

No jaw angles
No chin wing,
No zygomatic osteotomies,
No orbital rim

hmm what left  ? cancer?

ZSO is  developed by Pelo. What about that ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:11:24 PM by Rico :) »

Rico

How he achieved this if he is not good for such surgeries ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5tltlAsvM

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:56:39 PM by Rico :) »

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Rico, I don't like how you talk to me. I didn't say he wasn't a good surgeon. Please improve your English comprehension.

I think Pelo is an amazingly skilled dr, just: he will not perform surgeries for aesthetic reasons. (Other than conventional trimax)

So, for people wanting "classic" surgery, he is very fine. but if you are a NON SYNDROMATIC patient and enquire on chin wing, malar osteotomy, orbital advancement, he will say no 99,9%.

Now stop bothering me Rico, I can't stand you . Stalker